Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need Remote CCTV Access

BillZhu
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I am just transferring to Vodafone broadband.

Everything works fine except remote access of my CCTV system.

I made port mapping on Vodafone THG3000 router, and I can access my CCTV from LAN, i.e. via home WIFI.

I have been reading multiple threads on this community, apparently lots of clients have been facing the same problem.

May I ask does anyone really get this issue resolved and how?

Many thanks,

Bill 

8 REPLIES 8

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @BillZhu, thanks for getting in touch with us. We will defintely look into a resolution for you. I think we'd best have a look into this ourselves first and then raise this to our Tech team. If you can, please contact our Broadband team on Facebook or Twitter - you can drop a link of this thread into private message to prevent you from repeating yourself, if you'd like? 

Thanks Dane.

I appreciated the service attitude from Vodafone technique support team, I have contacted both level 1 support and advanced support team. They even swapped a new router...

From my point of view, everything is perfect but only this issue which is can't not remote access my CCTV system.

What I found is the port used for CCTV system is closed even you successfully made a port mapping on Vodafone's router.

What I will do is to use a 3rd party  router, unfortunately I failed to use BT Smart Hub which is my old one, I got credencials from Vodafone support team and tried to put it in BT Smart Hub, but it didn't work.

I am trying to buy another 3rd party router and hope it will solve my problem.

Cheers,

Bill

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

That's strange @BillZhu - we accept most third party routers. I'd maybe double check the details you were provided, by getting in touch with our Broadband Live Chat team. Let us know how you get on if you do get another router, an update would be great. 

Hi TJ,

I just bought a new router Draytek Vigor 2862 series.

When I put user name and password, I could see the ppp sesion was setting up but failed because it indicated that either the username and or password is wrong.

However, I asked the credencials from your support team twice, they gave me all the same credencials.

I am frustrating very much, if I still faild to get this problem sorted, I have no choice but have to change back to BT.

Regards,

Bill

Hi TJ and/or Vodafone Support team,

Please be kindly noted that I got static IP address.

The username I got from Vodafone technical support team is ending with broadband.vodafone.co.uk

Is that a correct format?

Thanks,

Bill

TJ

Great stuff @BillZhu amazing to hear you got your Static IP. Our usernames do end with broadband.vodafone.co.uk, have you managed to get everything sorted since your last message? 

Hi TJ,

I called Vodafone technical support team today again, they removed my static IP address and re-confirmed my credentials, it works now.

And now I can remote access CCTV system through both Vodafone router and 3rd party router now.

I will keep Vodafone router.

All sorted.

Cheers,

Bill

TJ

Brilliant! That's great @BillZhu 👍 Glad you're all sorted! If there's anything else you need help with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch!