main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Netgear DM200

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

how do do I connect a Netgear DM200 modern to the Vodafone master socket. I can only see that the DM200 irequires a RJ11 connector but the socket only has a RJ45. Do I need to request a different master socket from Vodafone?

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Andy0209, there's plenty of our customers that prefer this router. Have a look at our Netgear thread for some tips. 

View more options
15: Advanced member

@Andy0209 Unfortunately the Netgear DM200 no longer works with Vodafone and many other UK ISPs in it's Bridge/Modem configuration, though it will still work if used as a standalone modem+router!  It's an issue that Netgear has been made aware of and has chosen to ignore. 

Also, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, as in order to connect using the DM200 to the internet you would need to use a cable to connect from the RJ11 on the DM200 to the WALL SOCKET which is commonly also an RJ11 through some WALL SOCKETS will also take an RJ45.  If you are using the DM200 as a modem (though this currently doesn't work) you'd then connect the from the yellow RJ45 socket on the DM200 to a WAN port on the router that you've chosen to use.

I'll leave this here, for now, there's a lot more, to be honest, and I still have a DM200 here that I can test with (when no one else is home) if needed!

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

thanks for the reply.  I have worked out the cable issue. Needed to buy a cat5e cable with RJ11 and RJ45 connectors at either end. I wasn’t aware of the DM200 issue. I think I will need to purchase a router modem with gigabit capability.  I’m not sure there are any stand alone modems that can handle VDSL speeds of over 100mps? 

View more options