main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Netgear d7000 and WiFi

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi there, 

I recently purchased the Netgear router and went through the set up process and it all works fine. 

However I went into the app to set up the WiFi channels, separating 2.5 5ghz, and that was all okay, however I still have the old Vodafone WiFi name kicking around as a network to connect too.

It appears to be the 2.5 channel and some devices seem to switch between the Vodafone one and my newly created one.

I dont think I should have both. 

Any tips?

The key being that the Vodafone seems to have the better WiFi signal which I can't work out either 

Thanks 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
16: Advanced member

Using the D7000 you should have been able to unplug the VF router from the wall and just connect your new router via a filter or faceplate directly to the wall.  Of course, you'll need to have had VF send your user name and password to you.

Once it's unplugged from the wall and the mains, your devices should no longer be able to see the VF modem/router.

View more options
2: Seeker

I did all of that, took out the old router and put it away. 

Got my username and Password, and set up the new router. 

And yet I still see 3 WiFi options. 

My 2 new ones and the old VF one

View more options