main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Netgear d7000v2 and vodafone fibre

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello trying to set up my broadband with the Netgear d7000v2 and all i seem to be getting is a incorrect username or password error and not getting an ip address.

I've spoke to customer service a few times to confirm these details but I'm being given the same information each time and to be honest pretty rude.

The connection is detected I sync and 40mbs but then it rejects my username and password.

Tried the Netgear wizard and also configuring manually 

Any help would be appreciated.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
13: Advanced Member

The common issues are that they forget to tell you that you need to add "@broadband.vodafone.co.uk" to the end of the password, or that they misread the username or password!  If they've not done so, get them to email you the username and password and then copy and paste.

The other common thing that gets missed is the need to set the connection Vlan tag to 101, and following that you may need to set the associated priority to "2", though with some equipment it will be "0".

Oh, and finally you should be using a UK sourced version of the modem/router, some foreign versions may struggle or fail to work at all with the UK networks!

View more options
15 REPLIES

The common issues are that they forget to tell you that you need to add "@broadband.vodafone.co.uk" to the end of the password, or that they misread the username or password!  If they've not done so, get them to email you the username and password and then copy and paste.

The other common thing that gets missed is the need to set the connection Vlan tag to 101, and following that you may need to set the associated priority to "2", though with some equipment it will be "0".

Oh, and finally you should be using a UK sourced version of the modem/router, some foreign versions may struggle or fail to work at all with the UK networks!

View more options

Thanks vodaphone kept giving me broadband.vodafone.com when it should of been like you said .co.uk

All working now

View more options

Hi,

Please can you share how have you managed to get D7000v2 working with Vodafone Broadband.

I have now tried following combinations to no avail (AT = @):

1. Provider as Vodafone, Username:dslxxxxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk Password: xxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk
2. Provider as Vodafone, Username:dslxxxxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk Password: xxxxxxx
3. Provider as Vodafone, Username:dslxxxxxxxxx Password: xxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk
4. Provider as Vodafone, Username:dslxxxxxxxxx Password: xxxxxxx
5. Provider as BT, Username:dslxxxxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk Password: xxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk
6. Provider as BT, Username:dslxxxxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk Password: xxxxxxx
7. Provider as BT, Username:dslxxxxxxxxx Password: xxxxxxxATbroadband.vodafone.co.uk
8. Provider as BT, Username:dslxxxxxxxxx Password: xxxxxxx

I have been reassured a number of times by Vodafone CS that the username details they have provided match exactly to what I have.

I have even tried the above combination with plusnet and that did not work.

I also tried above combinations with priority "2" and "0" - no joy.

I have tried by selecting answer to the question "Does your internet require Login" to both "Yes" and "No" - no luck.

I have then tried both with the checkbox for "Respond to ping on Internet Port" ticked and unticked - nothing.

Needless to say hard and soft resets were done so many times that I have now lost count.

I have then called netgear to check with them and their suppoert could not come up with anything and will be sending a replacement unit but I can't imagine what can be wrong with the hardware given everything in LAN communicates perfectly.

Is there anything else left to try before replacement unit comes and do you think it could infact be a hardware issue?

View more options

@pubmania  Do the D7000v2 web menus show whether or not the router modem has established a DSL connection, and what the connection speed is?

View more options

Hi Machare,
Thanks for the response.
I don't think it gets to the point where it gets to show speed. All ot shows is ISP contacts to obtain details and then throws the error ISP login username or password incorrect.
If I do it from Advanced menu nothing happens but the internet LED goes white for a brief period before going orange again.
The router never manages to contain an IP address.

View more options

@pubmania.  I assume that you have a 40/10 or an 80/20 cabinet service, and if so you need to be sure from the menus that the router is trying to make a VDSL connection rather than an ADSL connection.

View more options

umm... It is VDSL atleast that is what is in teh field where it has the option for ADSL / VDSL2 etc...

View more options

Page 46 of the User Manual tells you how to configure a PPPoE connection via VDSL. You need Vlan = 101 and priority = 2.

View more options

Well thing is I have tried both - Vlan = 101 and priority = 2 - already with no luck 

View more options

The DSL light should be solid white.  If not I would check the wiring and perhaps disconnect all phones etc. What happens if you remove the RJ11 cable from the Netgear router and plug it into the Vodafone router?  Does the Vodafone router then connect properly when powered up?

View more options

@machare wrote:

What happens if you remove the RJ11 cable from the Netgear router and plug it into the Vodafone router?  Does the Vodafone router then connect properly when powered up?

Yes that is what happens - Vodafone router connects in no time but Netgear router does not. I agree the solid white would mean happy days but it just goes white for a very brief period for handshake and then goes orange and the it does not obtain any internet IP.

Since your last message I even tried now by removing all wires including that of landline and just connecting netgear to MK2 socket but that did not work.

View more options

You could try doing a factory reset and then see what happens to the DSL light if you don't use the web interface.

I that does not work I would suggest contacting Netgear support.

View more options

done and done... That is what I was saying in my first post - even Netgear CS could not work out what might be wrong so they have initiated a process to get me a replacement but in the interim I am not entirely sure if that will resolve the issue because I am not sure what could be wrong with the hardware if LAN connects perfectly over ethernet cable as well as wifi and there is a handshake that seems to initiate with ISP using Netgear router-modem.

View more options

It does sound like a router fault @pubmania. If you've definitely set it up with the correct username and password then it really should connect. 

The only other thing I can think of on our end would be that we've still got several Vodafone routers provisioned at the same time which may confuse things whena new one tries to connect.  How may routers have we sent you? 

Blair

View more options

Hi Guys - Thanks for the helpful comment. It was finally resolved and it was not a router fault. Apparently the username in mycase required @businessbroadband.co.uk instead of @broadband.co.uk because mine is business broadband subscription. I had been telling the CS from day 1 but it took this very patient person on my final call to dig deep enough and realise the problem.

View more options