Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Fftp installation

Jordanmcl
2: Seeker

Just got new fftp installed today as was on thebold copper wire speed is very good. Now having trouble with images notnloading on certain websites some websites not loading at allm my firestick images all dont load. I have tried hard reset router changed dns mulitple times changed from 2.45ghz o 5ghz wireless and ethernet on multiple devices same problem persists my content controls are all off. As soon as i connect via a vpn it works straight away or via mobile data

8 REPLIES 8

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Jordanmcl  Try changing the DNS settings to another service provider, eg. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, which are the Google DNS settings. It may not work but it's a good first thing to try.

I should have mentioned ive tried this google clouflare etc no differencel. Thanks thou

Jordanmcl

I was just recently upgraded to full fibre 200 fttp a couple of days ago. Heres my issue when connected to home broadband nothings loads or takes really really long to load on things such as bbc iplayer netflix spotify skymews myfitnesspal to name a few alot more like firesticks etc aswell dont load anything or at least take around 20 30 minutes to load. Somethings like Facebook and youtube seem to load fine. If i connect to my vpn everything loads absolutely fine or change to mobile data everything loads fine. I have tried factory reset router more than 5 times changed my dns to googles and also tried cloudflare changed form 2.4ghz to 5ghz no difference content conrols are off aswel this is happening across multiple devics pc laptop phone tablet firesticks. I juat want to know if anyone else is suffering the same as will probably need to cancel in cooling off period if nothing changes over next few days. The old copper connection was brilliant wish i never upgraded now lol.

Cynric

@Jordanmcl  You have already opened a discussion on this subject and contributed to another one. Please keep it in one place to avoid confusion and duplication.

I have exactly the same issue. Have you solved yours?

Nope absolutely useless. I cancelled my contract as was in 14 days cooling off period and now moving to another provider had two openreach engineers out who were absolutely baffled at whay was going on their end was fine. I spoke with vodafone support over 5 days via phone & online chat spoke to managers they says everythings fine there end lol. Weird can game etc but cant load stuff like skynews bbcweather firesticks etc. My internet was perfect on the old copper line so no idea whats going on behind the scenes. New supplier goes live 17th so happy days.

I had a migration to the Digital Voice service (they removed the old copper line) and since then my problems started. Vodafone keep saying it's all good from their side and today I was told there was an outage in my area, but I don't believe it. Tomorrow I am going a call again to their support and we'll see what they say.

Best of luck you will need it.