main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

New Router

3: Seeker

Can anyone advise me of a decent router to purchase to replace my VF one ?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
14: Advanced member

if you are having connection issues from what i have read the draytek vigor 130 sounds like a good replacement 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

@twickyricky wrote:

Can anyone advise me of a decent router to purchase to replace my VF one ?

The TP-Link VR900 has quite a good reputation. I use an ebay Zyxel VMG8924-B10A.

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

@gipjon The Draytek Vigor 130 (UK version) is only a modem/bridge not a router and has no WiFi

View more options
4: Newbie

@twickyricky

check that you have your subscription user name and password before buying a new modem.

Get it from the chat with customer services.

I used a TPLink VR900 but it had issues with keeping the 24GB band operational and nobody at TPLink could solve the problem. Now I use the VF bradband modem without any problem.

My speed is as per T&C . I did change the DNS servers and keep my 2.4 and 5GB wifi networks separate.

View more options

@twickyricky There are some really good VDSL modem routers out there, just make sure you read the reviews of the device and that the features it has is suitable for what you're using it for. Joe

View more options