main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

New member, today I received my broadband modem

Highlighted
2: Seeker

When attempting to log-in to the modem/router I find a problem. I am requested to set a password, quite a simple request, unfortunately I have no idea what the current password is. 'vodafone'  does not work. The model number is HHG2500.

Another point is I want to use my Netgear Nighthawk X45 as the Wi-Fi does not work at all well.

Many thanks

Harry

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
13: Advanced Member

The correct password should be 'vodafone' . If that does not work after making sure you are not using upper case, you could try resetting the router by  pressing the button just above the power switch.

To use the Netgear R7800 Nighthawk X4S you need really a modem. A cheap option is an ebay HG612 3B which should be about £10.   A number of people are using the  Netgear DM200.  They are more of a challenge to get working.

View more options

Many thanks for the reply, I thought that would be the answer, but was not sure if the modem would work correctly, as I wasn't sure what would be deleted, especially as I cannot access the modem dut to the password problem.

The Nighthawk X4S is a modem router and I've read elsewhere on the forums that I have to call Vodaphone for the set-up details. The wi-fi from this unit is quite suitable for my needs, whereas the Vodaphone is very flakey

View more options
13: Advanced Member

The Vodafone router will not just function as a modem (i.e work in bridge mode). You can have another router downstream but you would get double NAT. 

To use any other VDSL router or router connected by a DSL modem you need to ask support for your connection userid and password.  Ideally get these by chat and record the session.  If you are a retail customer the userid should end with broadband.vodafone.co.uk after the @ sign

View more options

Thanks for your help Netgear Nighthawk install an now my Wi-fi works fine.

View more options