Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phoneline

jrpashley
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was due to have Vodafone fitted into my new home today & having organised it online, it was confirmed that we could do so.

The engineer from OpenReach has just been and due to us having a Virgin Media line and not a BT one he said he couldn’t sort the internet out and left. Where do we find ourselves now?

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jrpashley 

I understand how important it is to stay connected. If you have a Vodafone mobile with us, we can add an unlimited data bundle on, to keep you connected in the meantime.

If there's isn't an existing BT line, then we'll need to get one installed. Please get in touch with us so we can help get this arranged. 

VFbroadbanduser
10: Established
10: Established

jrpashley, that is down to poor Openreach training as the engineer couldn't of been trained on how to convert the number from Virgin Media's network to the Openreach network. All he had to do is connect the circuit and then ring a special number inputting the number that needed moving to the new network. Then it would take about 10 minutes and the line would be on the Openreach network.

The same thing would happen in reverse if the engineer would need to move the number from the Openreach network to Virgin Media.

@VFbroadbanduser wrote:

jrpashley, that is down to poor Openreach training as the engineer couldn't of been trained on how to convert the number from Virgin Media's network to the Openreach network. All he had to do is connect the circuit and then ring a special number inputting the number that needed moving to the new network. Then it would take about 10 minutes and the line would be on the Openreach network.

The same thing would happen in reverse if the engineer would need to move the number from the Openreach network to Virgin Media.

I took the OP's comment to mean there is no Openreach line to the premises, Moving the number would surely be down to Vodafone.

@jrpashley Did the Openreach engineer not give any idea of the next step? Having accepted the order from Vodaphone I would have thought it is up to them to complete it. They should already know if they provide a service to your property.