Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nintendo switch not connecting to router via wifi

LJD2020
2: Seeker

I have just got a Nintendo Switch, and have tried to connect it to the wifi with a Vodafone router. My computer and phone connect normally to the wifi and the Switch connects to my phone's hotspot. But, for reasons I can't work out, the Switch won't connect to my wifi. I've made sure that I've got the password right and it's showing a good level of signal. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @LJD2020, what's happening when your trying to connect the Nintendo Switch by WiFi, are you getting any error messages? Can you also let us if you've attempted to connect the console by an Ethernet Cable (if you have a LAN to Ethernet adaptor) 🙂

Jon-H
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It will be due to the NAT type being wrong (vodafones fault) for the Switch, there's nothing you can do about it, they have been aware of the issue since the release of the Switch & yet continue to trot out the line that they are aware & will resolve it. If that's the case why have they started up Voxi with exactly the same issues & trot out the same response! You can cancel your contract as they have not provided the service they have stated.

War

Vodafone got me to enter the router using 192.168.1.1. Select internet in the top menu and select DNS settings on the left.

Set DNS to manual 

DNS 8.8.8.8 and alternative DNS to 4.4.4.4

Seems to work

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Google's secondary DNS server is 8.8.4.4 not 4.4.4.4