Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nintendo switch

Wen_dymo
2: Seeker

My nintendo switch worked perfectly with my old Vodafone router, however since we changed the router to a THG3000, it just won't connect to it. It finds the wifi and lets me put in the password, but thats as far as I get and I constantly get an error message saying unable to connect to network device.

I know it isn't the switch that is the problem as I have connected it to my phone hotspot, and other routers fine in the last 2 days. 

Is it something in the settings? Is there a maximum amount of devices than can connect to the router? I'm honestly baffled as to what is stopping it from connecting. 

23 REPLIES 23

markransford
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have exactly the same problem. I cannot connect my Nintendo Switch to vodafone router. No problem with any other devices, just nintendo switch

My switch is doing the same, having to use iPhone hotspot (and eating my data) as it won’t connect to WiFi no matter what I do, tried deleting connection and resetting   Nothing works   The hotspot is slower speed so that can’t be the issue  

interested to see if there’s any answer to this 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @Scottios - was your Switch connecting to your previous Vodafone router, the same as the above users? 

It won’t connect to the  router at all, only had this vodaphone one since I’ve had the switch, have sky internet at home no issues whatsoever 

TJ

So we can take a closer look into this for you @Scottios - please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Hi, I am having problems getting my switch to access the internet using my mobile personal hotspot.  How did you do this?  Every time I choose my phone and enter password it won't connect.

thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Boosta I'm sure we can get your Switch connected to your hopspot and you'll be back online in no time 🎮 Just so we can make this isn't a network issue, do you have any problems connecting to our network through your phone, or do you have any problems connecting any other devices to your phones hotspot? If so what error message do you see when these fail to connect? If it's just your Switch that fails to connect, once your hotspot is set up, make sure you're ytring to connect correctly by following these steps 👉

1. Select Settings from your Switch's home screen.
  2. Select Internet.
  3. Select Internet Settings.
  4. Let the Switch search for networks.
  5. Select your hotspot from the Networks Found list.
  6. Enter your hotspot's password and select OK.

Let me know how you get on and if you're still unable to connect we'll be happy to take a closer look.

TJ

That's very strange @Wen_dymo. Is there any way to make the Switch forget the Wi-Fi connection details, then get them to reconnect? In case it's stored up an old password or any kind of cache 🤔

sharmeshm

I have the same problem connecting my Switch to my Vodafone router.

I can connect my switch to hotspit, so the Switch is not the issue.