Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nintendo switch

Wen_dymo
2: Seeker

My nintendo switch worked perfectly with my old Vodafone router, however since we changed the router to a THG3000, it just won't connect to it. It finds the wifi and lets me put in the password, but thats as far as I get and I constantly get an error message saying unable to connect to network device.

I know it isn't the switch that is the problem as I have connected it to my phone hotspot, and other routers fine in the last 2 days. 

Is it something in the settings? Is there a maximum amount of devices than can connect to the router? I'm honestly baffled as to what is stopping it from connecting. 

23 REPLIES 23

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You could try the Coudflare servers, they *might* be faster for you. No need to have them on every device just the router and set the devices to get automatically.

https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/dns/what-is-1.1.1.1/

Use 1.1.1.1 for primary and Google 8.8.8.8 as secondary.

Thanks, I was using the OpenDNS one and it's faster than Google, but Cloudflare seems a bit faster than both of them.

Jon-H
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It's to do with vodafone providing the wrong NAT type. You need to leave Vodafone is the answer, you won't have theses problems with 3mobile. Look into the issue with Vodafone, they have known about it since the release of the Switch & yet continue to trot out the line that they are aware & will resolve it. If that's the case why have they started up Voxi with exactly the same issues & trot out the same response! You can cancel your contract as they have not done what they stated.

RandomMeames21

Mine won't work either but if still connects to other networks...