Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nintendo switch

Wen_dymo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My nintendo switch worked perfectly with my old Vodafone router, however since we changed the router to a THG3000, it just won't connect to it. It finds the wifi and lets me put in the password, but thats as far as I get and I constantly get an error message saying unable to connect to network device.

I know it isn't the switch that is the problem as I have connected it to my phone hotspot, and other routers fine in the last 2 days. 

Is it something in the settings? Is there a maximum amount of devices than can connect to the router? I'm honestly baffled as to what is stopping it from connecting. 

23 REPLIES 23

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This is something we're currently aware of and are working to implement a fix as soon as we can @sharmeshm. We're keeping our customers in the loop with any updates we have by posting on the thread here. Please be assured we'll get this sorted.

Has this been fixed?  Since I joined on 1st May and could connect my Switch to the router THG3000 with no problems.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Techguy1, what's your gaming experience like on the Switch? I've been resisting temptation to buy one.

Probably not the best person to ask as haven't played many games but yeah it's good.  I have mostly been playing animal crossing but some mario kart and tetris too.  Games are expensive though, I usually only buy games when they get to £10-15 on PS-Xbox (I don't have those now but have in past) but most 1st party games are £40 and never come down much.  Good for reselling I guess!  Now isn't a great time to buy the original switch as seems to be sold out everywhere, so people are selling for a premium, I haven't tried to switch lite before. 

I've been having the same problems described here. Just got a switch and it connects to my phone hotspot but not to my wifi. Other devices connect perfectly well. Is there something I can do to address this?

I was having this issue today - Switch had previously been connected to the internet, but in the past few days stopped connecting.

I found a page online that said to manually change the DNS settings on the connection (on the switch) to Google's DNS: 8.8.8.8 primary, 8.8.4.4 secondary. This worked instantly. Hopefully helps out anyone struggling here.

My switch wouldn't connect yesterday and I don't use the vodafone router anymore.  I restarted the switch, then turned off wifi and back on again then rebooted router and still didn't connect.  So turned off switch and started it today and it connected.  My other wifi devices were connected fine and I haven't seen that happen before so that was odd.  I will try the google DNS if it happens again.

Vodafone got me to set my router DNS setting to manual, and set DNS to 8.8.8.8 and alternative DNS to 4.4.4.4. Seems to work. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Google's secondary DNS server is 8.8.4.4 not 4.4.4.4

My switch wouldn't connect again yesterday, put in the google dns server and connects.  So then tried it on my PC and Steam loads fully now, previously the pictures and video wouldn't load.  Added it to router and it seems to work well but it has slowed down browsing.