main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

No broadband service since 12 november

2: Seeker

Hello everyone, in October, tired of my slow adsl service with another company and starting some jobs at home where i need a fast line for download backups, I signed a Vodafone broadband contract for the 35Mb fiber.

First I didnt understand how was possible an enginner wasnt coming to my house, as I dont have any plug for optic fiber. After I received the router I understand, Vodafone isnt offering fiber, is offering Vdsl technology, the fiber cable comes to your neighbourd but from there comes by the usual phone line. Not so good as real optic fiber but better than my old one. This is ok, I dont like it, but I didnt blame.

The real problem comes on 12 november when service started, well, not really, because the service didnt start. I have the Internet led on the router flashing green since then. I have done a lot calls to Vodafone, the first days just first lane, hard reset, we are checking,... an enginner cames to my house the all looks fine.

My case was passed to second line, more checks, after few days they say its an Open reach problem, I have to wait some days for an update, after one week the update cames, I have to wait till 26/27 november, Open Reach are doing some works in my street (I never saw them, but ok). After more calls on 27/28 I received another update, Open Reach needs more days, till 6 December.

So, whats now? On 6 December again waiting? I have lost a lot of times, In one of the calls I was TWO hours, most the time waiting response for any agent. Vodafone gave me 50GB data to my mobile phone in three occassions but I had to download/upload backups from customers whit lot of GB, usually I would leave the computer connected meanwhile im out, I cant do this anymore and I have lost customers.

My housemates arent in Vodafone, I had to pay them GB data from their networks as Im the landlord.

We are desperate, I didnt change to another company because we had to wait 15 days, but ill have to do if on 6 December isnt working yet.

Norwich, 2-12-2018

UPDATE 6-12-2018:

No internet working yet, on Vodafone, as usually, says Openreach is working on it and tomorrow will be fine...

UPDATE 7-12-2018

Finally today Internet is working, after 25 days since service started...

View more options
6 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

It doesn't sound like a good start at all @Javierlaig

Unfortunately things can go wrong and it's not always an easy fix. 

Vodafone UK give a 30 Day Cooling Off period in order for a person to make an informed decision wether to stay or not.

I hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I know, thanks. My concerns are for 6th december, if isnt working yet, technically im not cancelling the service, I will swap to another company which the service isnt going to start for 15 days, so finally december would finish with Vodafone, so hope isnt a problem as Vodafone isnt giving me any service.

View more options
4: Newbie

Vodafone UK give a 30 Day Cooling Off period in order for a person to make an informed decision wether to stay or not.

I'm quite certain you get something from Vodafone to post all this rubbish

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Buckyball wrote:

I'm quite certain you get something from Vodafone to post all this rubbish

No nothing at all. 

I'm not a Vodafone employee or receive anything at all. 

I'm sorry you find my reply "rubbish"

Have a good evening. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

UPDATE 6-12-2018:

No internet working yet, on Vodafone, as usually, says Openreach is working on it and tomorrow will be fine...

View more options
Highlighted

@Javierlaig - Are you still experiencing broadband issues? If so, I'd advise contacting our Live Chat here.

View more options