Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number porting to Gigafast

MSV
2: Seeker

I'm currently on Vodafone normal Superfast BB. Gigafast now available to order. Conflicting info when speaking with VF, some staff I've spoken too check my number and say system says can be ported. Other times say cant be ported and need a new number. Latest as per VF call 13 Aug 2020, system will allow order to be placed with number port. However chance that  will be left without service when order completes or something like that. Seems a system/ order issue they are working on. Unknown whether technically possible or not. Cancelled the order until more definite info.

Has anyone successfully ported their number to Gigafast or to a VOIP service?

Thanks

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MSV, it's great to hear you're looking to get our speedy Gigafast broadband 

As the team will need to run through any terms when moving you across to these services, have you since spoken with them again to find out the latest with any orders?
If you'd prefer not to call them again on 03333 040 191, they're also available through Live Chat.

julesandsand

I ported my BT number last year, the number was ported as soon as the installation was complete.

Doogster

I signed up to gigafast and clicked to keep my old number. Despite a number of attempts they now say they can't and are discussing compensation or to be moved back to a non gigafast service. Most disappointing.