Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Option to set WiFi channel gone from Vox 3.0 router

Spies
4: Newbie

I don't know if a firmware update has caused this but I just logged on to the router to see if I could change the channel as my Google homes are taking a long time to respond due to neighbouring networks but the option seems to have been removed from the router?

Why has this basic function been taken out? I need to be able to change my channel!

22 REPLIES 22

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

It appears that a firmware upgrade/update has removed the ability to select channels from within the router's UI but apparently, the channels can still be user selected in the VF App if you have it installed and working on your phone/tablet.

If you don't already have the app, some are reporting difficulty to get it to pair with your router but it is probably worth a try.

Can't get the app to work it just keeps looping round when I select my router.

Tried on 4 different android devices ranging from Android 5.1.1 to 9.0 all with the same result.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Spies Please let me know if you're able to change your Wi-Fi channels through the steps I've linked - you may need to try an alternative device such as a computer. When restarting your router with your phone in close range, are you then able to pair them? 

I cannot pair the app with the router, the app is just broken, many people have issues with it judging by the reviews on the app store.

The option is just completely missing from the webui, it used to be there, I need my 2.4ghz on channel 6 to avoid interference from neighbouring networks.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Oh no @Spies, have you tried deleting the app then reinstalling it? Or check for any updates it may need?

Look, I've tried it on 4 different devices, the app is terrible.

Just make the manufacturer of the router aware they have put out a junk update and get them to fix it.

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Did you try taking the steps that Natasha left for you, as you won't need the Vodafone Home Broadband App to complete these steps. You'll just need a device that connects to the internet. 

I really wish you would read and understand the entire point of the post.

The options, in the web interface of the router, to change the wireless channels ARE GONE.

It was suggested to use the app in order to change the wireless channels as it is still possible if the mess of an APP works for anyone.

It doesn't so I cannot use either your god-awful app, nor the web interface to change the channel of either the 2.4ghz or 5ghz networks as the option, which was previouisly there, has been removed with a bad firmware update.

How can I make you understand? See my attachment for where the options used to be. My wireless is utterly terrible being stuck on Channel 11, my Google Homes no longer work due to neighbouring networks, I need the ability to configure my own router!

This is the issue with Vodafone, everythings great as long as you have no problems, the minute there is an issue, support is a complete and utter shambles.

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Can you try clearing your cache of the Vodafone Home Broadband App through your phone settings and restarting this. Once complete, can you then look to see if this gives you the option.