Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Option to set WiFi channel gone from Vox 3.0 router

Spies
4: Newbie

I don't know if a firmware update has caused this but I just logged on to the router to see if I could change the channel as my Google homes are taking a long time to respond due to neighbouring networks but the option seems to have been removed from the router?

Why has this basic function been taken out? I need to be able to change my channel!

22 REPLIES 22

Stop, being, thick.

I've installed it from scratch on FOUR different devices, just fix the god damn firmware!

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Dabbs wrote:

Did you try taking the steps that Natasha left for you, as you won't need the Vodafone Home Broadband App to complete these steps. You'll just need a device that connects to the internet. 

Out of interest, if the option/ability to change wifi channels no longer exists within the router's user interface...

1. how does one take the steps that Natasha left?
  2. how does having a device that connects to the internet help?   

What are those wishing to change radio channels (but are unable to) missing here?  

I've emailed Technicolor, will let you know if they reply but I suspect I will get the usual, we don't deal directly with consumers speal.

boardmann
4: Newbie

Hi,  i have had exactly the same issue as yourself, or was my router faulty. 

Have contacted Vodafone who have informed me that this isn't a bug of any description, they decided to take this benefit away so all there customers have to use there pathetic app but in the process they forgot to inform any of there customers they had decided to take away this important feature away.

Another great decision from Vodafone, the future is sh*;e.

Sounds like an excuse to me, there is no reason why they should take away the facility to change wireless channel, they've probably just been told to say this until they can get the firmware fixed.

If they wanted to take the functionality away, why allow people to change it through the app? When it works that is.

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same frustration with this.  Why can't it be in the web setup any more?

Out of interest, yes installed the App, yes it's there as a setting....

But, it doesn't work!  I've tried setting it manually to a channel which works, but 5min later it's gone back to auto and is on some random channel again.

Can we please have the web setting back.

Thanks.

Hi, your guess is a good as mine. Then of course this is Vodafone we are dealing with here logic wouldn’t come into the equation.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @boardmann & @Matt2_uk You should be able to change you WiFi channel by following these steps. If you're still struggling, please try clearing the cache for your Vodafone Home Broadband App in your phone settings, before restating it and try again.

Hi, Before you send someone information on how to change wi fi settings possibly check in your own router first.

The option has disappeared from the GUI.

Here we go again 🙄