Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Outlook 2007

Jimco200
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Previously with talktalk now trying to set up Outlook 2007 with Vodafone account.

Using outlook account set up I enter name, email address, pop.vidafone.net, send.vodafone.net then my new vodafone user name and password.

No authentification or encryption selected.

Outgoing pop server 110

Incoming server 10

No connection to servers.

What am I doing wrong ?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I'm aware Vodafone UK doesn't give its non-business users an email address!

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Vodafone do not give email addresses. You are probably mixing up your DSL credentials with an email address, they look very similar as they have an @ in them.

Where do I find my DSL credentials ?

I've looked into the router information but the only mention of DSL is regard to status nothing about credentials

Thanks for the reply but still struggling. 

Jayach

You can't find them, you have to ask for them, however unless you wish to use your own router you don't need them.

Why do you think you have a Vodafone email account?

It was suggested by another member I could be mixing up my DSL credentials with my email address.

That's why I assumed I needed to find them.

As I mentioned in my first post I filled in the Outlook 2007 new account boxes with information listed in the Vodafone guide https://www.e-mailsettings.com/outlook/vodafone-mail-setup

I follow this guide but always get "cannot connect to outgoing server error 10060" and

"incoming server responds: 421 cannot connect to SMT"

Any ideas what's going wromg ?

Jayach

@Jimco200 wrote:

It was suggested by another member I could be mixing up my DSL credentials with my email address.

That's why I assumed I needed to find them.

Yes, that was me.

Any ideas what's going wromg ?

Yes, you do not have a Vodafone email account. You didn't answer as to why you think you have one.

i have never said I had a Vodafone email account.

I have a outlook.com address which I use to log into my Vodafone account.

I also use this address to fill in the boxes in the Outlook settings "add new email account".

The Vodafone servers are not accepting the details I use to create a new Outlook account with and I can't figure out why.

Hope this makes sense ?    

Jayach

If you don't have a Vodafone email address, you don't need (in fact you wouldn't be allowed) to use the Vodafone servers.

If it's an Outlook account you need to use the Outlook servers.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings

Edit: If you were using this Outlook account on TalkTalk, you shouldn't have needed to make any changes, it would have continued working as normal.

2nd Edit: Using Outlook (the email client) to access an Outlook.com account you shouldn't need to know the servers, it should  set them up itself.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

You should perhaps consider an email service entirely independent of your ISP…

… A benefit of using something like 'gmail' (for example) is that your email addresses / mailboxes are entirely immune to ISP changes.  No changing email addresses and having to tell a billion people / change a million log-ins etc just because you've switch from ABC SuperDuper Broadband to XYZ  TripleQuick Broadband.

As an aside, you might look at replacing Outlook 2007 with a more recent, more secure and in-support email client too.  2007 went out of support four years ago.