main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

PPP session time reporting incorrect

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My DSL connection has reset twice overnight, I noticed because my IP address has changed. Despite this the Status page is reporting uptime of over 7 days, why is this? 

I expected the status page to provide an overview reflecting the event log, why is there an anomaly?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
14: Advanced member

There was a network-wide Vodafone broadband fix last night. so your router will report that the router has stayed connected but your internet was disconnect at Vodafone end so your IP will have change, The fix was an upgrade on a server node, The fix was to fix the issue of single download speed. You may find your speed is better when streaming or doing a single download.

I would say keep an eye on it just in case you were not on the fibre router that got the fix 

View more options

Ah, that's worth knowing but doesn't really answer the question. The event log seems to show the DSL connection dropping twice but the Status page reports uptime over 7 days. I expected that to show a few hours since the latest reconnection or am I misinterpreting the event log?

View more options
14: Advanced member

Status page reports uptime over 7 days = correct: your router has stayed connected to the phone exchange for 7 days 

PPP Connection will show about 9 hours uptime , because the internet was disconneted from the vodafone server at vodafone 

View more options

Apologies, I thought I had written PPP session time has been more than 7 days. The router uptime is several weeks. It seems from your reply that there is an anomaly on the status page which should show PPP session time of a few hours not > 7 days.

View more options