main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Philips Hue Bridge STOPPED!! At a total loss to explain this one.......

1: Seeker

So then - There is a crisp fiver in the post to anyone who can help with this!

Hue bridge, Vodafone router - all working fine for 13 months.  One day, the Hue app just can't connect to the bridge.  All 4 lights are on, no issues with the connections.  I try an app re-set.  No joy,  Decided after a lot of messing it was a good time to re-set the Router and apply new passwords - done.  No joy - The Hue can be seen on the router log in that its connected - but my Galaxy Note 9 can't find it.  So - i install the Hue app on an ipad - Can't find it.  I install it on my Galaxy tablet - IT FINDS the hub - but no bulbs!  I have tried 2 new Hue bridges and its the same with all of them.  Also, my Note 9 CAN find my fiends bridge!  Interestingly, about 3 weeks ago my Note 9 started to "protect" my "unsecure" home network using the built in phone feature - something you would usually see at the shops etc.  It does not protect any other home wi-fi set up.  Even the Vodafone Broadban App cannot locate the Vodafone router now.  I'm at a total loss!  Smart things and Arlo work fine (and interestingly Smart things still had control over some bulbs via Hue for a few days after my phone lost connection)..........any ideas??????

View more options
3 REPLIES
4: Newbie

hi

add your wifi to be a secure netork on your note 9 or dissable the security feature on the note 9 compleatly

Go to Settings>Apps

Click top 3 dots and have it Show System Apps.

Then click on Secure WiFi. Force Stop it and then click Storage and Clear Data.

That wiped all the data, so when you press back on Secure WiFi in the Settings>Connections>WiFi>Advanced screen... it'll bring you back to the setup process for Secure WiFi. Don't set up again.

reading between the lines from from what you are posting it sounds like you may have a network confilct (possibly)  you should download a free network scanner ,angry ip scanner for example.  scane device  your network  to see what divece are showing up, unplugd divices with high pings one by one, hopefully you will find the divece causing the issue.

check out the link for more info http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+way+to+diagnose+network+conflicts

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions. No joy. I'm. Now convinced its the router as my sky q box in a 2nd room cant even find a wi fi.signal. My note 9 is constantly trying to protect my wi fi at home but not anywhere else (at other houses) .......Will plug away and update if I do find the issue. My Vodafone BB is up for renewal next month so may just ditch it...... Sigh. 

View more options

@Queysoft That's really strange, we'd be more than happy to look in to this for you. I've sent you a private message on how to contact us securely. Joe

View more options