Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Plex streaming quality

OmegaSyn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I recently had the gigafast 900 service installed and getting the expected speeds 860mbps down and 930mbps up, however since I've had it installed I've noticed that my Plex server seems to now have quality issues when streaming.

I can't see any issues on the router, ports are forwarded correctly, but once you start streaming either internally on network or externally over 4g or another network, the quality goes from original (720p / 1080p depending on file) but becomes very pixelated.

The file still says it's streaming at full quality and doesn't buffer, but visually quality becomes in watachable.

Anyone else with Plex notice this on gigafast service - for reference I had standard 80/20 broadband prior and never a single quality issue over Plex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Natasha,

The server is on wired connection - the issue was with the vodafone router it appears, as it was not taking the UDP port mappings correctly.

Once I re-applied the port mappings and assigned the server to a static IP rather than Dynamic on the router, it seems to have fixed the issue.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Do things improve for you when using a wired connection @OmegaSyn? Their support page does recommend using this rather than a WiFi connection. If you're still having any issues, please speak with our dedicated Gigafast team by calling 03333 040 191 from a landline, 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or on Live Chat.    

Hi Natasha,

The server is on wired connection - the issue was with the vodafone router it appears, as it was not taking the UDP port mappings correctly.

Once I re-applied the port mappings and assigned the server to a static IP rather than Dynamic on the router, it seems to have fixed the issue.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@OmegaSyn Glad to hear it's working for you now! You know where to find us if you ever need anything else :Thumbs_Up: