main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Poor broadband speeds at peak times

2: Seeker

Been terrible for months now

Down to 2mbp at peak times  ( i am on 76mbp fibre) but keep getting fobed off saying it's my home that the fault is (##~##)

I have changed everything in my home twice

Going to take this further 

View more options
5 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Vodafone have a Duty of care to try and provide the speeds they state are possible at your postcode. 

The Vodafone Broadband Team should be supporting you in trying to reach an amicable conclusion. 

You can evacuate the situation further Here If you wish to do so.  

Sometimes issues can arise with a faulty Router, filters and cables so its reasonable they are ruled out as you state you have. 

Guide to the Broadband Speeds Codes of Practice.

Do you hook up via ethernet cable or Wifi may I ask ?

To add we have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can once they've caught up with posts. 

I use the Ookla Speed Test option to check my speeds. 

To help the team could you perhaps use Ookla and post your speed tests here that have been run at different times to give a reflection of your experiences. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Ethernet cable m8

Will do some speed test but phoning them back today

View more options

@Deeko Hi there, did you manage to get your broadband issue resolved? If not please let us know and we'll be more than happy to look in to this further for you,

Joe

View more options

I have the same problem for sometime now done plenty of checks and sent all the data over, been told from the technical team its congestion and a red cable issue they are working on it but cant give a time frame as to when it should be working

View more options
4: Newbie

Taken from Ofcom website re your right to exit:

"If you think there’s a problem with your broadband speed, contact your provider. They will diagnose the problem and, if the problem is within their network, and they can’t fix it they must offer you the right to exit your contract without being penalised."

So if they're not giving you a timescale, you're well within your rights to cancel. 

View more options