main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Port 6699 open on new Vox3 router

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Anyone else have this port open on their Vox3 router?

Couldn't find much info other than old Napster and malware uses, but it's a bit concerning

Firmware version: 19.2.0307-3261013

Thanks, Tom

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
16: Advanced member

Worth pointing out that what appear to open ports when scanned from within a local network will almost certainly not be the same as if you scan the device from the internet!

View solution in original position

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

I should clarify this was from a Fing scan from phone on wifi - whatismyip.com says port is closed. Is the port blocked by Vodafone?

View more options
16: Advanced member

Worth pointing out that what appear to open ports when scanned from within a local network will almost certainly not be the same as if you scan the device from the internet!

View solution in original position

View more options

Thanks. Hadn't come across it before.

View more options
6: Helper

Have you visited grc.com (ShieldsUp!) and tried the pen-tests on there?

View more options

Totally forgot about the grc site. Used it all the time in my previous job. It too gives the all-clear.

View more options

Thanks for all your help.
I'm new to Vodafone BB and Vox3 after long time with Plusnet and my own equipment

View more options