main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

Postcode Checker Not Working

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hello, 

I am trying to check Gigafast in my area (i know it's available as I called to check), yet when I do it online it says 

Sorry, there's a problem.

Looks like something's gone wrong. Please go back and try again.

They told me to call to order, but I'd like to do it online. 

These is on 2 different connections/machines so clearly the VF website. 

Please advise a fix. 

View more options
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Is it this link your trying @TMInside  ?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals/gigafast 

If so then it's working for me.

Have you tried clearing cookies and caches etc ?

Appreciate you've tried two different devices.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Is it this link your trying @TMInside  ?

If so then it's working for me.

Have you tried clearing cookies and caches etc ?

Appreciate you've tried two different devices.

Hi @BandofBrothers, 

Yes that's the link I'm trying. 

I've tried that and tried both from my home and office as well as Incog in chrome, still no joy? 

It was working a few months ago so I don't see why it's stopped. 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Thats weird @TMInside 

I get...

Screenshot_20191211-175608_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-175856_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Doesn't look like Gigafast is available in your area so that could be why? 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

That's strange @TMInside. I just tried with my postcode and it started to load the address, then stopped and said something went wrong. I cleared my cache and cookies and tried again, it still said something went wrong; then I pressed back and it loaded. How odd 🤔

It might be worth placing your order over the phone with one of our advisers and I'll get the website raised to the relevant team for further investigation in the meantime.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks @TJ. 

So to confirm it is an issue with the Vodafone website. Could you confirm an ETA when this will be fixed at all? I don't like ordering products over the phone. 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @TMInside - we've checked since and had no problem with the postcode checker, have you tried again in the last few days. Make sure to clear your cache and cookies before doing this, or try another device or browser again. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @TJ, 

Still getting the same... Tried on 2 devices, 2 different browsers, 2 seperate connections and clearing all history as well as trying Incog.

Still needs investigating?

View more options
Highlighted

This is very strange @TMInside 🤔 I've tried to access this again and been able to connect and check a couple of local postcodes. Are you trying to access the Postcode checker directly through our website, or through a comparison/3rd party site?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Mark,

Yes I've tried and directly on your website. I've just even tried from my work machine that doesn't work. 

And directly on the website... 

I'll PM you my postcode and door number to try. 

View more options
Highlighted

So I have also just tried another postcode that is in a different area (5 miles away or so) that I think as Gigafast available and I get the same error as my home address. 

Any ETA on this fix? You are probably losing orders from it :Laughing_Face: 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

I've asked our Broadband team for a little bit of advice on this @TMInside. They've advised that the website could be updating. I've checked other postcodes where Gigafast is available and that's showing correctly, so that rules out an issue across all Gigafast options on the checker.

Your best bet is to take out whatever is available over the phone if you want to, as there's currently no estimated date for the updates to be completed. 

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Apparently despite being with Vodafone I can't get anything!

Capture.JPG

View more options

Attachments

Highlighted

I get exactly the same message.  I'm not with Vodafone but with my street having been dug up and fibre laid around six weeks ago I was hoping to take advantage of FTTP (to replace BT Infinity2) but given all the negative feedback on here, I may well stay put.

View more options
Highlighted

That's quite coincidental, they claimed to be doing my street in November/December and even knocked on the door to see if I was interested. Didn't see any digging though and now this. 
I can see me having to move to somebody else when it comes to renewal as I am sure the advisor will be adamant that I can't get anything. 

View more options
Highlighted

Cityfibre has definitely dug up my street (and a new CityFibre cabinet has appeared too) and many others as Aberdeen is one of the first "Gigabit" cities.  I work in telecom (for a huge US telco) so I have a reasonable idea about this stuff but all the negatives about Vodafone (and especially their support) give me the heeby-jeebies!  As poor as BT can be, Vodafone may be worse.

If I do go with Vodafone FTTP, I will leave my BT connection live and then cancel Vodafone within the first 14 or 30 days (whatever the cooling-off period is for Gigabit) if it turns out not to be suitable for me.  More expensive but a bit of an insurance policy.

View more options