Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

QoS on router

Biggles1998
4: Newbie

hi

has anyone got QoS on the new routers? its killing me as i have multiple devices direct connected to the hub and i'm getting [Removed] Poor performance as my boys are gaming..  i had a a new router when i renewed my contract not long ago and the QoS control has disappeared from the settings?? 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Biggles, I'm sorry to hear you're not having the best experience form our Broadband service. If you could give us a little more information about the problems you're experiencing, we'll be happy to help. 

mark - hi -

thanks for picking up, before I renewed my contract I had a Vodafone router which allowed me to set QoS on an ad hoc basis on various machines in my network, mainly when my boys where on intensive gaming sessions, and slowing down my own connection to the internet, now that I renewed a little while ago I received a new router and as the school holidays have kicked back in I need to restrict the bandwidth they are taking when gaming so it allows me sufficent bandwidth to do what Id like to do.. on the new router there is no setting to place any QoS on individual devices on my network as before.. I used to for example set the TV to 100%, my device with no QoS, and gaming pc's to something like 60% , now it seems nothing like this can be set anymore? ( all desktop PC's are direct ethernet cabled including devices like TV where possible and wifi is available but for only mobile devices - phones, Alexa, tablets etc )

Thanks for getting back to us and that information @Biggles1998. We would love to take a look at this more detail, for us to do this we'll need to access your account. Just drop us a message over Facebook or Twitter and include your Community username, the team will be happy to help. You can find all the contact details here

ok - it seems after a number of replies from Support that kept on trying to refer me to the WiFi settings and change WiFi signal or use WiFi Boost!!  and telling them numerous times that none of my devices are wifi connected!!  that QoS is not available on all routers,,,  so where do we go now? 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Get your own router, Vodafone will give you the username and password required.

Personally I've always felt QoS overrated.

Edit: Have you tried going back to the old router? If it hasn't been removed from your account it should still work.

Ideally not wanted to revert to the old router as the WiFi kept failing and only way i could get a replacement one ended up being after renewing my contract..

QoS..  ha - assume you've got no kids LOL 😉

m