main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

RP business policy

2: Seeker

What is RP business policy? I placed an order yesterday for home broadband and received confirmation of this. I am told today  by online chat my order was cancelled due to RP business policy and to place my order again. Given I only asked for confirmation of billing amount and contract length I am already worried that customer service is not Vodafone’s strong point. I received numerous emails confirming my order but none saying it had be cancelled?

View more options
10 REPLIES 10

I'm disappointed to hear your order was cancelled @Roxy123. I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'm sure one of our dedicated advisers will be able to look into this and get everthing back on track. As we'll need to access your account to do this, please contact us via PM on Facebook at Vodafone UK, or by DM on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK

View more options
15: Advanced member

While my sympathies go to @Roxy123 for the problem, I can't look at the response (which proves the problem) without quite literally laughing out loud!

*Full page capture take as I can't believe this faux pas is going to be allowed to stand!

View more options

Do we know what the timescales are for a response are from customer service? Or is that department not yet set up? I received my router today. Unless Vodafone provide evidence within the next 24 hours of intelligence amongst its business, I will presume I have had a lucky escape and move on to another company.

View more options
15: Advanced member

If you are waiting for a response from Customer Services they very rarely call back at all.  It's a sad fact that if you trawl through these forums you'll rarely find anyone who has had issues during initial setup ever gets resolution.

View more options

How long do Vodafone take to reply to customers? I have tried the online chat, facebook and twitter without any joy. I would like to receive official confirmation from Vodafone of the cancellation. I am beginning to wonder if the customer service is just computer generated and no actual employees exists in this department.

View more options

Thanks for letting me know that there is no customer service offered by Vodafone. I think I will just look elsewhere for a broadband provider.

View more options
4: Newbie

Its a shame really because the actual broadband service provided is very good.  It's just that the business processes  are immature and the customer service (at least the offshore part) is a complete joke.   

So if you get a good internet service, just keep your head down and pay the bill and hope you never have to call them.  

View more options

I can’t get a broadband service from Vodafone as they cancelled it and I couldn’t reorder it! Unfortunately they don’t have a system in place yet for people to sign up for their service so have gone elsewhere! 

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Roxy123! I hate to hear that your broadband was cancelled. We'd be able to offer more insight on why this is happened or replacing the order by gaining access to your account. I appreciate you've already contacted us, we're busier than normal on our Social Channels- apologies about this. Is reordering the service something you'd consider? Ross 

View more options

Fortunately I have already signed up with another provider. My order with Vodafone was cancelled due to RP business policy. I never received confirmation of my order then I was sent a router in the post and this is were the confusion started. Despite providing my details numerous attempts to obtain answers either I was ignored or refused answers. This happened on numerous occasions. There is no longer any point looking into now as I can no longer answer security questions about my account as the details have been changed without my authorisation.

View more options