cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re Ofcom: Fair Deal for Existing Customers (2019)

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this one is directly aimed at the mods here!

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/152660/fairness-for-customers-progress-update-j...

Considering the small print on the sign-up pages for Vodafone's broadband that state a yearly increase of 3.9% above inflation for existing customers, I'm curious as to how this is compatible with the regulator's position on "fair pricing".

Please no excuses or mealy-mouthed dodging, this appears to be a blatant breach of Ofcom's enforceable powers (not the opt-in ones).

Mods - if you don't know could someone please pass this up the chain of command, rather than pulling a response out of thin air!

*Also I note that at least one probing and perfectly valid question from another member on these forums appears to have been deleted during the course of today.

8 REPLIES 8

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member

Vodafone told me on April 23rd that from my May bill onwards my p/m price would increase by 4.5% to £24.03.  That is some £5.15 (27.3%) higher than the prevailing offer of £18.88 for new Superfast 2 customers...

"Your monthly cost will go up by 4.5%. This reflects the UK Consumer Price Index (CPI) at 0.6% (as published in January 2021), plus an additional 3.9% to cover the increasing costs of operating our network."

Much further down the email is:

"We also wanted to remind you that because the minimum period for your contract has ended, from your May bill your monthly cost will increase by £3 a month – as laid out in your terms with us."

So now we are at £27.03 which 43.2% - not too far away from half again of the price the new Superfast 2 customer would pay. No mention of best deals available to existing customers but they did say if I renew my contract, the £3.00 would be waived and the next annual increment would be in April rather than May (must be an eleven month year).  They also said I could leave Vodafone at no cost to me but they hope I don’t.

I did call them and without a fight, I was offered a new contract price very near to the new customer offer but near to rather than at was as good as it got.  The fact is that had I done nothing, I’d have been penalised relatively heavily in price terms - exactly the thing Ofcom is seeking to eradicate in Keith’s link above (should have been effective from February of this year it seems).  Hey ho.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous - We have passed on your concerns and comments to the higher ups, and we are awaiting a response. We will post an update here.

Moderators do not work the forum on Sundays, bearing this in mind we wouldn't have adjusted and/or deleted posts yesterday.

HappyNomad

@Evie wrote:

Hi @Anonymous -

Moderators do not work the forum on Sundays, bearing this in mind we wouldn't have adjusted and/or deleted posts yesterday.

I believe the deleted post was posted this morning - certainly I wrote an answer in reply (as already had the user, Clint_Flick) suggesting a change of DNS server might fix the problem the OP was experiencing.  My attempt to post my reply failed because the thread had been deleted in the minutes between me seeing the post and attempting to reply.

It wasn’t a user that deleted the thread so either it was a Mod/Admin or it was a divine intervention of some sort.  What do we think?.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/quot-No-internet-connection-quot-message-but-only-on-one-webpage/td-p/2687255

The OP simply wanted to know why http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/ was unreachable.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I saw that post as new this morning, but can't find it now.

I didn't reply because I thought "who cares".

It seem to be a game where your clicks on a cookie are counted, couldn't work out why anyone would want to access it.

Edit: I did wonder if it could be some kind of spam or malware.

HappyNomad

@Jayach wrote:

I saw that post as new this morning, but can't find it now.

I didn't reply because I thought "who cares".

It seem to be a game where your clicks on a cookie are counted, couldn't work out why anyone would want to access it.

Edit: I did wonder if it could be some kind of spam or malware.

Didn’t look like the sort of website I’d want to be on either but  if it wasn't the OP's own AV software blocking the connection then almost certainly, the VF DNS server was the cause of the OP’s connection issue.  

Jayach

@HappyNomad wrote:

Didn’t look like the sort of website I’d want to be on either but  if it wasn't the OP's own AV software blocking the connection then almost certainly, the VF DNS server was the cause of the OP’s connection issue.  

If it was a DNS problems I doubt it would give a "No internet connection" page. More likely to be a cache problem.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@HappyNomadThat post was marked as 'Spam' today due to the link included in the post and our systems picking it up as a possible spam/virus link. We've looked into the post and moved it out of Spam 👍 You'll be able to respond now with no issues.

gipjon

Can community champions edit or remove posts etc . Or is it just the moderator