main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

Recommendations for 3rd party router

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I am looking for recommendations for a 3rd party router that works well with Vodafone broadband/fibre.

I've finally had enough of the Vodafone supplied router, it's just too unreliable so looking for something that is much more stable since both myself and wife and currently working from home. My son also has a PS4 so signal strength is something I am looking for here.

I have seen some people recommend NetGear routers. Any specific recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks..

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hey @RileySpencers 

Have you looked at our general troubleshooting page here?

Do you have the App downloaded? You'll be able to see the sync speed to your router there.

To improve the connection, you can use an ethernet cable connected directly to your router. You can also try splitting your SSID - there's more info on that here

If you're not getting the speed you were promised, drop us a message on Social so we can do some further investigating for you 🙂 

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

@GemmaP wrote:

Hey @RileySpencers 

Have you looked at our general troubleshooting page here?

Do you have the App downloaded? You'll be able to see the sync speed to your router there.

To improve the connection, you can use an ethernet cable connected directly to your router. You can also try splitting your SSID - there's more info on that here

If you're not getting the speed you were promised, drop us a message on Social so we can do some further investigating for you 🙂 

@GemmaP

I have tried various troubleshooting steps and am a little tired of that to be honest with you. Yes, I have the app and the sync speed is not an issue.

Based on things I've read, others have had much more success once they have switched to a 3rd party router, hence my question about getting a general recommendation for a 3rd party router that is known to work with Vodafone broadband.

Thanks.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I'd recommend reading Dong Ngo's website: https://dongknows.com/

I chose my router based on his reviews/tests.

View more options