Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recommendations for 3rd party router

RileySpencers
2: Seeker

I am looking for recommendations for a 3rd party router that works well with Vodafone broadband/fibre.

I've finally had enough of the Vodafone supplied router, it's just too unreliable so looking for something that is much more stable since both myself and wife and currently working from home. My son also has a PS4 so signal strength is something I am looking for here.

I have seen some people recommend NetGear routers. Any specific recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks..

5 REPLIES 5

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @RileySpencers 

Have you looked at our general troubleshooting page here?

Do you have the App downloaded? You'll be able to see the sync speed to your router there.

To improve the connection, you can use an ethernet cable connected directly to your router. You can also try splitting your SSID - there's more info on that here

If you're not getting the speed you were promised, drop us a message on Social so we can do some further investigating for you 🙂 

@GemmaP wrote:

Hey @RileySpencers 

Have you looked at our general troubleshooting page here?

Do you have the App downloaded? You'll be able to see the sync speed to your router there.

To improve the connection, you can use an ethernet cable connected directly to your router. You can also try splitting your SSID - there's more info on that here

If you're not getting the speed you were promised, drop us a message on Social so we can do some further investigating for you 🙂 

@GemmaP

I have tried various troubleshooting steps and am a little tired of that to be honest with you. Yes, I have the app and the sync speed is not an issue.

Based on things I've read, others have had much more success once they have switched to a 3rd party router, hence my question about getting a general recommendation for a 3rd party router that is known to work with Vodafone broadband.

Thanks.

Heinrich
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'd recommend reading Dong Ngo's website: https://dongknows.com/

I chose my router based on his reviews/tests.

Haz88

Hi, like you, I am also looking for a third party router which works well with Vodafone ISP. Did you get anywhere with this @RileySpencers? Anyone else offer any guidance. #desperate Thanks

I have several 3rd party routers, a TP-link Archer VR2800 and a couple of netgear VDSL modem/routers.
Adter quite a lot of testing, I concluded that the Vodofone WiFi hub actually gave the best broadband connection, it was just let down by the WiFi that often dropped out.  Even with a WiFi extender (or 3) the WiFi wasn't every antastic.

So now I have a tp-link Deco M5 pair, replacing the Voda WiFi, giving fantastic WiFi (that is only just slower than a wired network conenection) all over the house.