cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router Firmware Update causing Problems?

HWB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For the past week I have started to have a number of problems.

iPhone Broadband app stopped working.

4g access to my heating control stopped working.

Frequent buffering on iPlayer when speed showing 70gbit!

Have had various conversations with voda and they admit problems.

A room thermostat on my wiser heating keeps dropping out.  I had previously forced channel change to 6, cannot find a way to set the channel now.

Just checked router and the wifi settings page in advanced mode no longer shows channel options.  Have seen channel setting for 2.4 on both 5 and 11. 

Just found I have  Firmware version: 19.2.0203-3261006.

Is this new and the cause of the problems?  I only have found references to 1005 in recent posts.

Anyone had similar problems or found ways of changing channel on this version.  Losing will to live with voda support - has taken 4 hours up this weeks!!! 

Has router got virus?!

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Have you tried changing WiFI channels via the App rather than in the router UI?

From a few days back in this thread 

@bigad1992 wrote:

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

My other problem is that the broadband app refuses to connect - have deleted and reinstalled, reset router and seem to have no ability to edit channels.

Thanks,

Hugh

I have also been having problems, my apple phone drops the wifi connection

10 or so seconds oause and a reconnection and its ok.

Baffled that you cannot change channels in the advanced mode, never had any router off four other major suppliers and all can do this.

Vodafone broadband app, well if you can install it i may be able to change  channel.

Tried installling in ios and android, none will connect, but they used to connect before the firmware was updated.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@HWB @philds Do you both have the latest iOS software? If an update doesn't resolve this or you're already on the most recent version, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you so that you're able to change your Wi-Fi channel.

Yes all firmware updated on both devices

the connection is fine during the day, why would firmware create a problem after 5pm?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@philds Thanks for ruling that out 😊 If you pop our team a message through the link above, we'll be able to take a look into the speeds you're getting in the evening.

Currently escalated through the directors office thank you

Is there a problem across the country as the downdetector shows a massive spike of problems being reported early evening ?

Have latest ios .  Have registered complaint and getting direct advice.  Firmware change has been confirmed and I am sure is the root of my problems with broadband app and using 4g to cinnect to my Wiser central heating controls.

I can not find this in either the Safari browser on the MacBook nor in the settings on the iOS app. I have split the signal into 2.5 and 5 so that the wireless works better: vodafone's request. But this signal thing is a ##~##. Any advice on changing channels appreciated. x