Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router VPN settings missing (vox3.0)

monsieurfil
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I have a Broadband Fiber connection and have a Vodafone WiFi Hub which seem to be model vox3.0v with firmware version 19.2.0203-3261005.

I would like to set up router-level VPN client connection to my work VPN.

I've seen a number of suggestions to go to Expert Mode > Settings > Configuration > VPN but this doesn't exist in the router interface (no VPN settings anywhere). Is there a known solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not possible with current firmware iteration, and may not ever be, with it being a very simple to use, heavily ISP configured consumer (not business) router.

You can use a third party router; it's easy to obtain your connection username and password from the online support chat (after security checks of course), so thats probably the easiest option for you.

See this thread for configuration, and a list of routers people have gotten working on both the FTTC and Gigafast FTTP connections: How to Set up a third party router with vodafone 

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

synerr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I do not have any visible vpn options on my router exposed through the interface.

However I would exercise caution before trying anything like that.  A lot of corporate laptops come ""locked down"" by the IT department, effectively making it in part their problem and responsibility.

Placing the vpn at the router side effectively opens access to the office network to all the devices on your home network [laptops, tablets, phones, whatever guest you may have over bring along].  While realistically it's unlikely that you will cause any real harm you may fall foul of some office handbook footnotes and some blame game should something serious take place.

In short, unless you own the network you're VPNing into, DON'T DO IT!!!

All the best.

Thanks, but "work VPN" is more of an example to explain the use case. I have need for (temporary) all-devices VPN setup.

Not possible with current firmware iteration, and may not ever be, with it being a very simple to use, heavily ISP configured consumer (not business) router.

You can use a third party router; it's easy to obtain your connection username and password from the online support chat (after security checks of course), so thats probably the easiest option for you.

See this thread for configuration, and a list of routers people have gotten working on both the FTTC and Gigafast FTTP connections: How to Set up a third party router with vodafone 

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Dunno.

Static NAT/DMZ/Exposed Host

If you have a local network device that cannot run an Internet application properly behind the firewall, you can allow unrestricted Internet access to the network device (Exposed Host).

Exposed Host Function

Public Subnet
Here, you can manage and view details of your public routed subnet addresses.
Enable

Public Subnet IPv4 Settings
CPE IPv4 Address
Subnet Mask
Subnet ID

Too Risky.