Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router Wifi main guest ethernet isolation

logical
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi All

Just signed up and got my new router arrived a few days ago nd hoping someone can help me come up to speed with it.

Been googling without success on this- doesnt seem to be a full manual for the VF Connect (

Huawei 963168 /HHG2500) router and lots of posts on this forum are probably outdated due to firmware...

If enabling the (main) and (guest) networks ...How do they interact? I presume they are isolated from each other? What about the ethernet ports on the router? Are they connected to the main wifi?

Previously I have been using 2 wifi routers - one as the modem and the other connected via uplink to provide isolation of both my secure and my guest networks which are both served by wires and wifi. Trying to figure out if/how to replicate this on just the vodafone router by itself.

TLDR: How do I isolate ethernet only IOT devices on the vodafone router or is it not possible?

11 REPLIES 11

If this helps anyone, VLAN 10 is used for Guest network (172.168.5.X). I have configured my extranal AP with 2 SSIDs 1 for standard netwrok and the 2nd for guest with a VLAN tag set to 10.   The AP is connected to the nic ports on the router.

Yes I was getting the impression that generally guest wifi is isolated from the other wifi SSID and the ethernet ports on routers like this. That said i was hoping to have a manual confirm that or at least someone who has tested this router model and can confirm.