Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router dropping devices

Gindependent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been with Vodafone broadband for almost a month now. The first 10 days  everything worked fine. All devices that were WiFi connected worked when used. The last week devices drop off the WiFi randomly. It's not usage and number of devices connected either as have been on the app and blocked items to see if this releases other devices to work but this doesn't help. I've tried splitting signal and resetting router also but this hasn't improved the situation. I don't know why this issue has started to happen when everything worked fine previously.  I have a seizure monitor that needs WiFi to work and therefore this issue needs resolving ASAP. Cannot get through to call centre with the reduced staffing due to COVID 19. Can anyone help please ....

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It does appear you have carried out most of the self help troubleshooting tips already @Gindependent 

May I ask if you've tried changing the wireless channel on the router.

And tried forgetting the connection in your devices and reset them back up ? 

As there is no account access via this forum anymore you would need to either ring the Broadband Team on 191 from your Vodafone mobile

03333 040 191 From other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply) or use Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  and they'll go through some further help tips in imagine and the process to send a new router if needed.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have done both of solutions too. Do you think it's The router that's at fault or something else?. Don't fancy a 4 hour wait in a phone queue if there's something else I can do first. :Smiling:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gindependent We'll get to the bottom of what may be causing this for you 👍 If you've dropped us a message on Facebook or Twitter through the link @BandOfBrothers has provided, please include your Community username and a link to your post here. You then won't need to write your query out and what you've already tried again.

Thank you Natasha- have been in touch with Vodafone today and they are sending out a replacement router. Thank you for your time x

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's awesome news @Gindependent 🎉 I'm glad to see @Tash's advice helped get this sorted! I've passed your thanks on to her and if there's anything else we can help with, you know where we are 😊