Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router keeps resetting

Owleyes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Whenever I change the router password, everything works as expected. However after a short while the internet shuts down, the new password is not recognised and the router resets itself to the original password. This has happened on multiple occasions. 

21 REPLIES 21

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Wonder if vodafone are trying to update the router with a new firmware and it keeps failing . I would do a factory reset on the router . Heard of a few issue with the router before and a factory reset seam to fixs most issues 

Thanks for your reply. We have indeed tried factory reset and but this doesn't solve the problem. It still resorts to the same annoying routine.

gipjon

Think you need a new router . I would call the vodafone technical department 

Thanks for this message. I have contacted the technical department several times and each time I am told 'it is a glitch' and no more is suggested or done on their part.

I have also asked for a replacement router and have been refused.

Jayach

I also think it may be failing during an attempted firmware update. What firmware do you have at the moment?

Jayach

@Owleyes wrote:

Thanks for this message. I have contacted the technical department several times and each time I am told 'it is a glitch' and no more is suggested or done on their part.

What Vodafone call a "glitch", any normal person would call a fault.

gipjon

Hmmmm 

Glitch . I had about 50 reboots every single night and the official reason from vodafone was,  it was a firmware update . 

Wonder if it is a national glitch .

I really think you need to ring vodafone back and tell them you are not happy and you wish to escalate a complaint to the escalation department.  The escalation department will take over the issue and more than likely get you at replacement router to try. The best bit you get a dedicated person to help and a dedication phone number to ring . You only ever have to speak to one person

I'll give that a go, thanks.