Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router keeps resetting

Owleyes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Whenever I change the router password, everything works as expected. However after a short while the internet shuts down, the new password is not recognised and the router resets itself to the original password. This has happened on multiple occasions. 

21 REPLIES 21

I tried talking with someone today, insisting that I was put through to the escalation dept. I was referred to someone else who assured me that they would sort it out from their end. After insisting that everything was now sorted and working we found that it was not. Yet again when attempting to change the password, the internet disconnected and the router reset itself to its original password. 

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Sorry to say but your going to have to repeat the steps . I dont think they have escalate it ti the escalation department . You know when they have . You get a phone number and a pin code plus they will alsi ring you

Cynric

I have a rather nasty suspicion, for which I have no proof, that the router has to stick with the default password otherwise VF cannot remote control it.

Jayach

@Cynric wrote:

I have a rather nasty suspicion, for which I have no proof, that the router has to stick with the default password otherwise VF cannot remote control it.

I don't believe that is true, however I have no proof of that either.

Owleyes

I know you said you have tried a factory reset, but try it this way:

Disconnect the router from the line and factory reset it via the firmware rather than with the button. (I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it seems to)

Once it has fully rebooted, reconnect it to the line and wait for it to connect fully.

If you can, please note the firmware before and after the above and post them here.

Cynric

.@Jayach Re, password, yes you could well be correct, it was just a bit of a thought exercise.

I think I was working along similar lines when I started this thread

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/May-be-possible-to-restore-WiFi-channel-sele...

Jayach

@Cynric wrote:

I think I was working along similar lines when I started this thread

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/May-be-possible-to-restore-WiFi-channel-sele...

It was your thread, amongst other things, that made me start my experiments. It's now been up for 5days 11hours and the channel change options are still there. I wonder if they are no longer removing those options. It would be nice if someone else could confirm my findings.

I'll give it a bit longer and I will try a re-boot and see what happens.

Edit: If anyone wonders what we are talking about, see my post here: Re: WIFI CHANNEL CHANGE - Page 6 - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Yes, we did try that  yesterday (whilst talking to the person at vodaphone) and it did not work.

Jayach

@Owleyes wrote:

Yes, we did try that  yesterday (whilst talking to the person at vodaphone) and it did not work.

And what was the outcome of your conversation with Vodafone, are they sending you a replacement router?

What is the firmware level on your current router?

Vodaphone is not sending another router as they are positive the problem must be fixed.

Jayach

@Owleyes wrote:

Why would they think it is fixed then?