Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router postition

oo03sjw
2: Seeker

Good afternoon,

I am considering joining Gigafast now it is available. My question is whether it is possible to choose the router location?

My current issue is that I have a longish house and struggle to get a reliable signal in the furthest bedroom. My VM router is sat at the corner of the house as far away from the 4th bedroom and garage as possible.

It would seem to make sense to me to put the router in the upstairs office as it is central to the house. This would also make it easier to add a switch in the loft to ethernet cable other parts of the house.

Is this possible or what are any alternatives please? 

TIA

2 REPLIES 2

nono12

just joined vf last week asked the engineer to put the router in the front room, she would not stating it must be near to the closest power point so now my router and phone are now in my hallway and I can no longer plug anything into it if it does not have wifi I can't use it, also the phone will only ring out the number I'm supposed to have is not recognised filled out the complaints form on line got an automated email saying id be contacted in 48 hrs still waiting 2/10 vf .wish id have went elsewhere.

Thank you for sharing and sorry you are having issues. Looks like many are so I'll hold off for now as there are so many different answers. Hope you get sorted out.