main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Router rebooting mainly in the evenings - My fault apparently

Highlighted
4: Newbie

I have recently moved to Vodafone from BT with a HomeHub5 working for years without any issues..

Since moving on the 16th September I can't remember a day when the routers hasn't rebooted multiple times mainly in the evening (when trying to watch on demand). 

The Vodafone thech support have had a OpenReach engineer to check the line and now at least the line speed is a bit more stable but the re-conections are still an issue.

Today after trying the raise the issue again I have been told by "Technical Support" that it's my fault for the connection issues because "you have extended the length of the network, because you have got more than 4 devices connecting via the ethernet ports".

Hmm I thought I had heard it all, it is true I have other devices connected via a five port switch but I fail to understand how that could be causing the issue. (or extending the length of the netork from the cabinet)

I would have thought a shinny new Vodafone router could cope just as wells as a BT Home hub 5.

I am getting no joy with the Techincal Support and am at my wits end trying to get anywhere with Vodafone. I just want out without any cancellation charges as I have never recieved a reliable service since starting.

Any help or advice?

I have just been told the cooling off period is 15 Days not 30 and I will have to pay a cancellation charge on £151!

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

We know how frustrating drop outs can be and we'd love to help get you working correctly @simon_r

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

This may sound strange in this day an age but I am one of the few who doesn't have Twitter or a Facebook account. So can you advice of another method to escalate this issue?

View more options

As part of the Social Media team, we deal with all of our account specific queries over our social channels. You can raise a complaint here though @simon_r - best of luck getting everything resolved! 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

A few of us have noted problems with Vodafone Routers restarting (causing drop outs). See this thread:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Newer-Gigafast-router-resetting/td-p/2642365

We haven't found a solution yet, but if we can combine the threads, maybe we can encourage Vodafone to look into it...

View more options

Sure how do we combine threads?

Because the damn router reboots muliple times (I had at least 6 last night) the line is keeps being throttled down.

bt-router.jpg

vodafone.jpg

View more options
2: Seeker

Just reply to the other thread for now, maybe including a link to this thread too. Sounds like a hardware issue to me, but let's see what they say

View more options