Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router web interface now broken?

michaelcj
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

Internet is working fine and thats the main thing but I've just noticed after a router reboot my web interface doesn't work properly anymore. If, for example, I go to the Wifi tab I get all the ui controls (buttons, text entry boxes, sliders etc) but there is no text anywhere ! Has anyone else who has rebooted very recently noticed this?

My router is the one where you hover your hand above and it normally shows 2 green lights.

The model might be HHG2500

8 REPLIES 8

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @michaelcj 

Have you re-established a connection to your Web interface?

Open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.1 and type in your password on the back of the router. Click sign in.

Are you able to download the Vodafone Broadband App and pair that to your router? You should be able to change your settings there too.

If you're still struggling, get in touch with us here so we can take a closer look for you 🙂

Adamoc
2: Seeker

Hi Miichael,

I noticed the same problem today. The problem is the same in the app. The bad thing is you can't change the wifi password or any wifi settings.

Did you get yours fixed? I was told today they're aware of the issue and calling me back tomorrow,. 

Hi

Replying mainly to be polite as I did get it working but I can't for the life of me remember what the issue was. I do think it was something "stupid" I did.

If you get yours working, I'd be interested to know what the issue was. It might jog my memory. Really sorry I just can't recall it right now.

Thanks Michael. Was hoping it wasn't caused by me, but from what you say sounds like it!.

I'll let you know. 

This is the wifi screen too:

Screenshot_20200713-220627_Chrome.jpg

The nicest person ever at Vodafone support ran lots of tests and upgraded the software. Ended up being told it's a faulty router and a new one is on the way.. I'm just relieved as she said it wasn't anything I changed by accident!,

MrPSmith

I have the same router and problem. The app also does not work for the wifi. After re-setting the router all I managed to do was lose my personal wifi configs, now it is back to default settings, but with only the 2.4ghz part of the wifi enabled.

Hi, That's exactly what happened to me. Tried the reset too and found out how long it takes to reconnect all your devices! The tech team told me there's no possible router setting that can do this. I thought it might be my android devices so dusted off an ancient windows vista laptop...same problem.

They replaced the router and I'm back to normal. 

Have you been with them a while? Think I'm on my third contract now and thought maybe old router or something.

Hope you get it fixed.

Cheers Adamoc.

After first reporting it on the 15th July (to be escalated up a tier) and no response, I have been on the web chat again this morning. We went through more stuff, but no change (except now I have now lost all 'app access' too!), so escalated again.

My first and last contract started around Feb 2018.

Fingers crossed they send another router while out of contract.