Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router won’t connect to NowTV rocku devices

Asg100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My home NowTV have been connected to my router without any issue. However, yesterday none of my Now Tv rocku devices will connect to the routers. Other devices, such as phones, iPads etc are connected and working fine with internet access. I’ve tried a factory reset and software update on one of the NowTv devices and also tried a restart of the router. I have logged into the router and can see some errors in the logs which may be related. I wonder if Vodafone have blocked access to streaming devices due to capacity issues during lockdown - surely not?! Please help..

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than foreign illegal "free" TV apps, it's not apparent that Vodafone blocks anything they are not required to do so by law.

However, they do provide a router which will by default sometimes pick WiFi channels that some devices cannot see - I would assume this to be the situation.

According to the online CS reps (I can't check this because I don't use a VF supplied router):  If you use the mobile app and split the SSIDs (grrr) you should gain access to setting the specific WiFi channels in the app (you may need to update the app from your mobile appstore).  If you try this I'd suggest setting the 2.4GHz channel to 11 (if that works you can try 13 which is often better), and on 5GHz to channel 48.  These are the uppermost channels in the commonly used blocks.

Try this - whether it works (less than 50% odds) or not please let us all know!

*Unless you want to use VFs Content "controls" I'd also change the DNS servers in your router configuration.  Personally I'd use one from Cloudflair (1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1) and one from Google (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4).  There are third parties that offer filtered DNS services which are better maintained and have higher levels of user management that VFs offering...

Good luck, and I hope you can get this sorted!

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Unfortunately you can't change the WiFi channel from the app (unless you can find an earlier version from one of the unofficial sites), however you can see what channel the router is using in the router interface under

Status & Support (scroll down to see). If it's 12 or 13 on 2.4Ghz that is possibly the problem.

Thanks for this. The 2.5 is on channel 6 and the 5ghz is on channel 36.

Since splitting the WiFi I’ve managed to get most devices connected. Other devices still had issues (PC and Printer), so I created a Guest WiFi and they’ve connected fine to this.   

So I now have 5 WiFi networks as I’ve had to setup a netgear extender because the signal is poor after splitting the Ssid, which has created 2  more - but at least have the connections in place. I can’t understand  why this has suddenly started to fail. I’ve currently got a support chat with Vodafone, so ill

see where this goes. 

Thanks for the message.  There’s a bit of an update on the next part of the thread. Essentially I’m unable to change the channel but these are setup to be 6 for 2.5ghz and 36 for 5ghz.  Splitting the WiFi network is what Vodafone cs advised me to do but I don’t like it as the signal is weak and I have more networks. I’m not sure what has caused these issues given the devices had been connected without any issue. I have a chat with Vodafone going to will see how this goes.

Hi 

Im having the exact same issue with my roku device, unfortunately my default channel is set to 12 and unfortunately the roku will only work with channels 1-11. Not sure how to proceed now as we are now unable to change the output channel. Nightmare