main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

SSL Certificate issue

2: Seeker

When I visit disqus.com it states the certificate is invalid. That's simply not true as it clearly validates https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=disqus.com

This has only happened since I switched to Vodafone on Friday so presuming it's to do with the Vodafone DNS. 

Why is this happening?

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @greencode, thanks for getting in touch. You can try updating your DNS:

1. To change DNS permanently in the router, type 192.168.1.1 in your browser address bar - which should bring up a logon page
  2. Enter the router password
  3. Select "Expert mode" in the top right dropdown in the grey bar
  4. Click on the "Internet" tab in the top red menu bar
  5. Click "DNS & DDNS" on the left hand side menu
  6. Where it says "DNS Configuration" click on the "Manually" option and two new options should appear below
  7. in "Domain Name Server (DNS) Address" enter 8 8 8 8 in the 4 boxes
  8. In "Secondary DNS Address (optional)" enter 8 8 4 4 in the 4 boxes
  9. Click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page

Give that a try and let us know if it helps at all. 

View more options
Highlighted

Doesnt work. I get the following error after entering those values:

Corrections needed

Invalid value.

View more options
Highlighted

I also tried just entering:

8 8 8 8

and leaving the secondary DNS empty but still the same error

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Did you fill in the Domain Name Server (DNS) Address and the Secondary DNS Address @greencode? Have you tried any other public DNS?

View more options
Highlighted

Yes, tried everything. Entering one, entering both, entering OpenDNS servers but still the same error occurs. 

View more options
Highlighted

So we can complete further checks, can you please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker.  

View more options