main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

STILL AWAITING A ROUTER RETURN BAG

2: Seeker

Good Morning, 

It's been a fortnight since leaving you and I'm still awaiting the aforementioned returns bag. I received an automated email acknowledgement that a bag would be arriving soon, but two weeks later, nothing.

So tonight I receive an email from you with a veiled threat of a £72 charge for non-return of the router. There's no one available for a live chat and phoning you is comparable to playing tig with a fox. Please send me a bag ASAP or alternatively get in touch with me on how I can get this back to you via post office, drop-off point or a Vodafone store. Screenshot_20190321-001039_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20190321-004216_Gmail.jpg

View more options
17 REPLIES 17
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@davidtorrance Hi there, we'd be more than happy to get a bag organised for you and note your account that it hasn't been sent. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. One of the team will be in touch as soon as we can. Joe

View more options

Hi, I am in the same boat. I had the threatening email today saying I’ll be charged £72 if I don’t return it. So Joe, if you still monitor this thread please could you get in touch as I too have tried live chat and no one is available. All I need is a bag sending out. Thanks. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dropped mine off at a store and asked the very pleasant assistant to show me the actual note recorded on my account - that was over 2 weeks ago, yet I still received the threatening email, I'm not sure if the router return system is linked at all to the automated email and probably everyone gets the email.

Annoyingly your online account seems to be deactivated the day you migrate away so you can't see your bills, so I had to call CS (unfortunately I got a foreign call centre) who eventually after a very long time and very odd questions and periods on hold agreed that the router was returned but my bill hadn't been generated. Apparently it will now be generated in 2-3 days - but they can't send a copy in the post and you can't see it if you log in. Who knows what will be on that!!

View more options

Is it any wonder customers are leaving in their droves? As what discerns a good reputable company from a bad one is after-sales. If you can't get that right then customers are going to go elsewhere, just like me.

Anyway, I couldn't contact anyone via live chat (recommended apparently) so I rang customer services and had a long chat with a young woman who couldn't understand my Scot's brogue. In the end because my 18-month contract had ended, I was told that I didn't need to return it (confirmed via text). But they're re-sending me a bag so the router can be recycled.

All in all, a very convoluted process that frustrates you and is a waste of time. The directors of Vodafone really need to get a grip, as nonsense like this will just repel people from joining  

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@markallard  Hi there, I've sent you private message on how to get in touch. We'll be back in touch. Joe

View more options
3: Seeker

@Joe wrote:

@markallard  Hi there, I've sent you private message on how to get in touch. We'll be back in touch. Joe

Same here, I left vodafone last week and not received a Router return bag. Can you arrange one please.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @vinny2a. I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch about this.

Blair

View more options

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem.

Still haven't got a returns bag.

View more options

Hi 

I have also received the letter saying "If we don’t receive your router in the next 16 days, unfortunately you’ll have to pay a £72.00 charge." Actually I find this quite distressing hence trying to contact the on line chat at 00.21 but no agent available (no suprise there) I have not received a bag or label and don't want to pay postage, not really sure what to do now.

My BB experience with Vodafone has been bad over the 18 month period hence the reason to leave and I would not be able to recommend the service to anybody even though it is cheap.

View more options

I had a bad experience too, 

Make sure you cancel the direct debit also.

If I have to I'll pay to send it back, but I'll also be leaving many bad reviews and make sure no one I know joins.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you've not received your returns pack @Dannyhaddon, so we can help you further, please see my reply to your other post.

View more options

That's been over two weeks now and still no returns bag, even though I was promised one. The Vodafone router is of no use to me now and should be considered as e-waste for recycling or refurbishment. 

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

@Blair wrote:

Hey @vinny2a. I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch about this.

Blair

Today I got another email reminder to return back the router. I replied to the private message couple of weeks back and did no receive any response back as yet (or any router return bag). I will say again "IF YOU DON'T SEND ME THE ROUTER RETURN BAG HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO RETURN THE ROUTER"

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @davidtorrance, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@vinny2a - I appreciate your patience, we're working through our queue and will get round to you as soon as we can.

View more options
4: Newbie

this seems a common problem- same here- no bag!

T&C dont have any mention of having to return the router at end of contract - would be great if a mod could point me to where it is disclosed so we can just put this to rest

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/contentdocuments/vfcon088993.pdf

View more options

After posting on Facebook, they told me I didn't have to return it. Seems to be best

View more options

I never got my bag but ended up returning it to Vodafone store and ensured the staff put a note on my account.

View more options