Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Scam Calls & Automated Calls About A Vodafone Bill 08456021111

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, ever since i joined Vodafone Broadband i keep receiving a monthly automated call to my landline number, notifying me of a bill two weeks before its due to be debited. I have complained using both online chat & phone support, each time saying it will be resolved. Apparently this is something they are not aware off with other customers.

The phone number is 08456021111 which appears to be a BT text messaging service & not a scam number https://who-called.co.uk/Number/08456021111

While there has been two occasions where i have received landline calls from Indian scammers claiming to be from Sky & have changed my number but require authorisation of some sort. But thats probably unrelated to this. 

Anyone else had this problem of automated bill phone calls from Vodafone? Its very annoying. 

If its outside of Vodafones control & its a third party who is responsible, ie, BT. Then i will have no choice but to ask that my number be changed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i have found what the problem is. Vodafone can notify you of a bill either by text or by email. The text option is turned off for my account, but it appears the notification is still being relayed to my landline on behalf of BT probably because the text is not being received on my mobile

What you need to do is call 0800 587 5252 from the phone you receive the calls on. You are then presented with options to either apply a curfew or to turn the calls off completely. Which i just did. For more information see https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/Nuisancecalls/Unwantedtexts/index.htm

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i have found what the problem is. Vodafone can notify you of a bill either by text or by email. The text option is turned off for my account, but it appears the notification is still being relayed to my landline on behalf of BT probably because the text is not being received on my mobile

What you need to do is call 0800 587 5252 from the phone you receive the calls on. You are then presented with options to either apply a curfew or to turn the calls off completely. Which i just did. For more information see https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/Nuisancecalls/Unwantedtexts/index.htm

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Wh not just buy a land line phone with built in Call Guardian and block the numbers you don’t want.

I have the BT8500 Trio* (answerphone and two wireless handsets) and the call blocking /  call allowing options are superb.  I do not get nuisance calls of any kind.  

Your phone provider may block numbers on request (may be at extra cost)  I don’t know if Vodafone offers this service.

*other blocking phones and devices like TrueCall are available - it pays to shop around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me its not worth the investment as i dont use the landline much because i have a mobile. Although some of my family members still receive the odd call through it. Vodafone doesn't give you the option to block numbers via your landline as part of its broadband service. They only offer a payed extra to stop calls from hidden numbers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have since changed my number twice due to persistant scam calls from India. I still keep receiving them no matter which number im given. Either the numbers are being recycled or they are being leaked by Vodafone employees based in India. Since only they know the number as ive not given it to anyone else. This is another reason why support should be UK based. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous Let's get this sorted for you - I'm sorry to see that changing your number hasn't prevented these calls for you! With any nuisance or malicious calls from a certain number you're receiving, please call us on 08080 034 515 free from your landline or mobile.

You can also find other ways that may help to prevent you receiving future calls with features from Caller Display to Anonymous caller rejection in our Home Phone handbook (pages 4-5)