Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Secure VPN Connection Failure

Barnie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I'm using a Vodafone Huawei 4G Gigacube (B528s-23a) to connect my laptop to the internet from home. I have downloaded Norton 360 Premium, which includes their Norton Secure VPN. However, once downloaded and set up the only thing not working is the Secure VPN, which keeps coming up with a connection error "Secure VPN has experienced a connection failure." I've contacted Norton but they say it is likely to be an issue with my Vodafone Gigacube stopping the Norton Secure VPN form connecting to their server. Has anyone come across this before and know how to resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is probably the same issue with the Gigabox connection being subject to (strict) NAT type 3 which usually manifests in gamers not being able to use the device.  It's a consequence of how VF have implemented (subnet within a subnet) mobile broadband on the devices (possibly due to a shortage of IP numbers).

So that's probably the issue and the solution?  At least until (and possibly beyond) VF start rolling out IPv6 there probably isn't one!

Sorry if that is not what you want to hear, and frankly I'd love to be wrong about this!

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I know that this thread is 11 months old, but could it still be relevant?

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/vodafone-uk-blocking-norton-360-vpn-udp-protocol

Thank you for the link to another blog which has been really helpful in that it explains more about what is likely to be going on and the blame appears to lay with Norton.

Hi Keith, thank you for your feedback. Having read wider into other blogs this issue has been going on with Norton for months and it appears to be an issue with the last two updates from Norton 😡.