main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Should I cancel?

2: Seeker

Hi! 

I signed up for Vodafone broadband and was supposed to be activated three weeks ago but so far nothing except pulsing green light, and multiple calls to Vodafone. I’m sick of holding for 50mins at a time, and especially sick of being told each time that the problem will be fixed by end of day. 

It seems it’s an Open Reach problem. Question is, if I change to another company will the same problem still persist? I don’t know how this works. I don’t really want the hassle of switching just to find myself back at square one. 

Advice would be much appreciated. 

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Linalde

I can certainly understand why you would be getting frustrated with the situation you find yourself in. 

Waiting around for 3 weeks for this to be sorted is poor support to say the least. 

Vodafone should be keeping you in the loop as to the issues being faced and giving a feasible timeframe. 

Your being very patient to say the least !

Some would have cancelled by now and gone to another ISP. 

Wether you do that however is a decision you alone need to make. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks band of brothers. 

As I say, my worry about switching to another ISP is that I’ll have to go through the whole rigmarole again, seeing that it’s an Open Reach issue. 

Mind you, it’d be worth switching just to avoid having to listen to the bloody Eurythmics ever again. 

View more options
4: Newbie

I had a similar issue with Sky boradband. The WiFi was very unrealiable and so many drop outs every day and also very low speeds, after 2 months of constant phone calls they finally admitted there was an issue with the line. I left Sky broadband and joined BT who sent an engineer to investigate and fix the issue, not had a single problem with BT and speeds are reguarly 40+Mbps

View more options
17: Community Champion

Your welcome.

The new ISP should take care of all that although its always worth checking their small print. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@Linalde Hi there, thank you for your patience on this issue. We'd be more than happy to look in to this for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch so we can look in to this for you. Joe

View more options

Okay, I finally got a visit from an Open Reach engineer and he found my line hadn't been connected in the 'green box' at all. Had me up and running in ten minutes.

Shame it took me a month and five very very long phone calls to India to get to that point.

View more options