Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Splashtop is blocked

SplashtopOskar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello Vodafone team,

I am part of the technical support team over at Splashtop. Splashtop is a leading remote access provider (splashtop.comsos.splashtop.com).
Vodafone's customers in the UK are having issues where URLs from Splashtop are blocked, resulting in 404 errors.
We submitted a similar post in the forum in the past which you can find here.

Please let us know how and if we can unblock Splashtop's URLs on your side, since we have many users in the UK that are frustrated and thinking about switching either their ISP or their remote access service. We already submitted forum posts on your forum but, of course, without success.

Some users would need to contact Vodafone to make sure that our service is not in the "Adult group" and that the ContentControl settings are not blocking our servers.
However, this seems like a bad solution since they always need to contact your support first and then change their ContentControl settings. Additionally, we are in no way, shape or form a service that you would expect to be in the "Adult group" which makes it more difficult for users to figure the workaround out by themselves.
SplashtopOskar_0-1638858536207.png

Thank you and I am looking forward to your reply!
3 REPLIES 3

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@SplashtopOskar wrote:
We already submitted forum posts on your forum but, of course, without success.

Do you not think perhaps, that a user discussion forum may not be the right vehicle for your complaints? 

Hey HappyNomad,

Thanks for your reply!
Can you let me know what is the right vehicle for my complaint?
We submitted posts in the past, contact their customer service via email and phone with no response or follow-up.

I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @SplashtopOskar - we'll need to bring you into our social channels to get some more information from you, then we can get this raised to the team that deals with website reclassification 😊

Please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again.