Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Static IP

i8086
4: Newbie

Hi,

I was on chat with Amandeep yesterday asking if I can have static IP , I explainted the reasons

(volunterering, tech stuff for a scheme and their firewall needs a static IP to be whitelisted for ssh/ftp) Amandeep even assured me that serviceis free too, he worked with it for about 4min then he wrote me ( I nevere received copy of the chat even when I requested it on the chat).

that I had to wait abaout 24hrs and I will receive an email. So far is , well, over 24hrs no email and I have no idea whats the status of my request.

May I have some update about it please? 

Thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES 17

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @i8086, I can help you with this, Please contact our team on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks, I was on chat yesterday and they told me it was going to be fixed,

still no reply, so I can't do nothing else... thanks for the "support". 

I spoke to Vodafone tonight about ddns and they said I needed a static IP. Told me it was free and sent me an email with the new IP on it within about 20mins. I would get on to them again

good for you, still waitig for it since 4/10 ,... 3 chats so far with the tech support.

it seems my chats were with  INCOMPETENT people. no other explanation. just a couple of months 

and my package will expiry , whats the reason to stay with the VF and receive BS from the support team? get some life , seriously.

for sure I will FWD those chats to your management. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad we were able to get everything sorted for you @drfaulkner!

If you contact us using the links @DaneB provided @i8086, one of the Social Media teams broadband experts will be able to get this sorted for you too 😊

Just to update and close my topic:

managed to get the static IP , after 2 months, had to escalate as complaint to the directors office then to CISAS - yes VF's tech support is that bad, I would say "get a life" or better the word starting with the 6th letter of the English alphabet to the managemend of the tech support,  Really pathetic. I am only very sorry for the tech guys at the chat, they are doing their best but can't do anything more than to escalate the faults to incompetent colleagues /managers. Oh well, btw some people @ directors office not the best anyway.

Hi i8086,

Did you still have your static IP after a few months passed? I too ordered a static IP address for similar reasons as you as I have set up rules with it in firewalls and analytics packages. I have found that after a couple of months my static IP address got changed. I'm now wondering whether it is worth starting all over again. 

Hi @thinkable, this seems strange that the IP address has just changed without notification. Did the IP address change to a different Static IP address or has the service now gone back to a Dynamic IP address? Can you also tell us, are you a consumer or a business customer? 🙂 

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

How does one get a static IP address?  Given that it is Vodafone, do static addresses actually remain static long term?

VODAFONE

I am pig-sick of getting a new IP address as often as every day at worst (usual) and every second, occasionally third day at best.

Whilst I appreciate that dynamic IP addresses are going to change from time to time, is it really necessary to change them so often? 

Contract has not long to run - this annoyance could be the trigger to go elswhere.