main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Static IPv4 address, new customer service activation next week

2: Seeker

Hi, I'm about to be a new VF broadband customer, my activation date is 7th Dec. 

Is it possible to request a static IPv4 address now so my service goes live with a static IP address?

Thanks!

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
4: Newbie
View more options
View more options

Just seen your previous posts. Sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare. I’ll reserve judgement as they haven’t even taken over my service yet. All big corps have issues, there’ll always be the everything went fine stories as well as the nothing went well version. 

PS - it’s a good idea to remove personal info like name, account numbers and address when publishing stuff on the internet. 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @FourCandles, you can certainly add Static IP on to your package.

You'll need to wait until the service goes live before we can do this.

All you need to do is get in touch with us and we'll do the rest 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks, I’ll update this once it’s live. VF router arriving today. 

View more options

All going smoothly so far, VF broadband has been activated using VF router and speeds are good and stable. 

So, now it’s all up and running, I’d like to request a static IP address. Do I need to contact anyone in particular or is this forum message request all that’s necessary. 

Thank you!

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@FourCandles - Glad to hear everything is going smoothly for you 

If you get in touch with us via Live Chat here, you'll be able to get this added on straight away. They will be open from 8am. 

View more options

I spoke to VF CS on Saturday morning and had the static IP applied and running on my Sophos XG Home firewall 10 minutes later. Brilliant! 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

That's great to hear @FourCandles 👍

You'll be nice and safe on the internet now with that running. 

Blair

View more options