main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Still being billed despite switching

4: Newbie

I've just had to log a complaint since Vodafone are demanding 30 days notice to cease my broadband that was switched a month ago. On the Ofcom page it clearly states that you DO NOT NEED to inform current openreach based provider but 2 seperate vodafone reps. today have tried telling me i should have let them know ? 

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I'm sure Vodafone will reply to your complaint @srpsrp 

I assume you've used the online form found Here 

If this was me I'd also engage with the Vodafone Social Media Teams who have account access and can help 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

Yes I booked a complaint online I don't think it's good enough to wait 60 days for a company to do what it should have done already  do you blame me ? An apology would be nice but I doubt I'll get that from them.

View more options
Highlighted

blimy, I finally got though to someone on 5th person who even acknowledged the ofcom process. Am I right to say that by putting up prices in contract I don't need to give 30 days notice ? If not how would you be supposed to switch, even today I was told I had to give 30 days notice.

After looking into it they established there was a problem on their system and they'll call me back ? I've never had this much hassle with switching any thing it's normally seemless these days.

View more options
Highlighted

I seem to have sorted this now, I eventiually got through to the right dept.  who stopped talking about 30 day notice periods and could confirm line had swithched but for some reason the account was in limbo.

My advice is don't bother arguing with front line they will assume based on  a mobile contract or somthing and confuse the hell out of you. Just tell them to cancel and either wait for final bill or as I did  log a complaint. Once you have logged a complaint it seems your calls will go nearer to right dept. Still not seen my refund yet so will be on to them if final bill  etc does not turn up !

View more options
Highlighted

well I spoke too soon ! I have just called them again today because I found out I was due another month refund.

To cut a long story short, if you switch to another provider from Vodafone but don't recieve an email acknowledgment then call them ASAP.

Something I did whilst ordering seemed to comppletely throw their system out of whack ! possibly because I started an order on one web page but found a better offer some where else  so ended up with two orders some how.

View more options