cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Struggling with landline number port out of Vodafone to a SIP provider - cupid code

sworrall
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm trying to port my landline number to another provider - in this case it is a SIP provider, so the landline is not being taken over.

My problem is that my SIP provider has submitted the porting request but Vodafone has rejected it since it has the wrong cupid code.  I think the cupid code is allocated by Ofcom and indentifies the provider's network.  Since Vodafone has acquired a number of providers - eg C&W, Energis, Thus etc, it has a number of cupid codes.  For each porting request that gets rejected I would be charged £20, so I am loath to go through all of the codes that Ofcom lists, and I'm not even sure if this list is complete.  I can't understand why Vodafone can't simply look at my phone number and recognise which network it is on and then do the port.  The SIP provider has had problems like this before with Vodafone and has asked me to call Vodafone and find out the code.  Customer services aren't much use as they had never heard of cupid codes.  Has anyone else had any joy with this or recommendations?  Hopefully someone from VF might be able to help if they monitor these boards.

31 REPLIES 31

I am looking for the CUPID code for my vodafone Gigafast landline number which was transferred one week ago from BT smoothly, as vodafone Gigafast FTTP Voip landline doesn't support any function like call diversion, So I have to port my number to SIPGATE voip provider, but sipgate told me the porting was rejected by VF cable & wireless(parts of vodafone), now they need CUPID code for my number,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @eeekingeee I've responded to your other post here 👌

I have exactly the same issue! Trying to get the CUPID code to transfer my line to Sipgate. 3 calls so far, the last one lasting 16 minutes before getting cut off by Vodafone during transfer to technical department. What am I supposed to do?

Ask Vodafone for a deadlock letter. 

For me that triggered them to really look into the cupid code. I did get the code in the end and the transfer worked.

hi

Whats a deadlock letter?

Ive got a one net virtual landline which i've had for 10 years with Vodafone but as the company has grown I want the number moved to a VOIP officer phone. 

I had a voip system installed with Bonline who said they could get the numbers off Vodafone but Vodafone are saying it can't be done! is this the same thing that happened to you??

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @jkiebyelec a deadlock latter is where us as an provider can't do anything else to assist with your complaint, you may receive a letter or email from us stating this. This is called a 'deadlock letter'. The letter will tell you that you can now contact Ombudsman Services and will include our contact details.

Are you a Business or Consumer customer? When speaking to Bonline did they suggest what code you may need to move your number across?

Hi

We are a business

Bonline just told us that its Vodafone not allowing the action for some unknown reason. I called Vodafone yesterday and they told me there should be no reason why it would be rejected as long as Bonline has my details and postcode for the transfer request form. 

Bonline have my postcode so seems a little odd

It does seem odd @jkiebyelec. Does Bonline have the correct details that match the account and have they been given any rejection reason? 

I’m having the same problem and the customer service advisers are struggling to identify what it is.

@Vodafone can you help pleases?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @uttora - I'm disappointed to hear you're having the same issues with your landline port out. Unfortunately we don't have account access over the forum so I would suggest speaking to our Broadband team on 08080 034 515 so that they can look into this for you and see what's what.