Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super wifi booster lights

Knighty777
3: Seeker

Hi all,could someone please tell me why the lights on my super wifi booster constantly flash green?

Thanks in advance 🙂

21 REPLIES 21

That's correct. Nothing in the box at all instruction wise or to tell you light statuses. Also nothing i can find online either and that automatic bot live chat is useless lol.Also vodafone unfortunately don't know either why the lights are persistently flashing green. It's working but as the booster Is in the bedroom it's just frustrating the constant flashing. 

Just looked at the Technicolor website… no user manual but interestingly, it informs that the booster is WiFi 6…

https://www.technicolor.com/news/connectedhome/technicolor-connected-home-teams-up-with-vodafone-to-... 

… which doesn't help with the OP’s flashing problem 😉

Seems you can switch Alexa off and just have the booster function - that may give a pointer as to which component is flashing at you.  If the light stops, its Alexa.  If it doesn’t stop, it is the booster sort of thing.  ???
https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband/Pro-Broadband/1699049592/Can-I-use-my-Super-WiFi-Plus-witho... 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@HappyNomad wrote:

Just looked at the Technicolor website… no user manual but interestingly, it informs that the booster is WiFi 6…

https://www.technicolor.com/news/connectedhome/technicolor-connected-home-teams-up-with-vodafone-to-... 

… which doesn't help with the OP’s flashing problem 😉

Great find @HappyNomad

Love the "The Super Wi-Fi boosters represent a first in bringing Wi-Fi 6 to Vodafone’s UK customer base, which is critical in providing high-quality broadband connectivity.", when the router is only Wi-Fi 5.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

Great find @HappyNomad

Love the "The Super Wi-Fi boosters represent a first in bringing Wi-Fi 6 to Vodafone’s UK customer base, which is critical in providing high-quality broadband connectivity.", when the router is only Wi-Fi 5.

Being wildly optimistic, the intro of the new WiFi 6 booster (with up to three being supplied at no additional cost) may be a sign that the next iteration of router is not too far off and that it will be a wifi 6 mesh device in the 'Echo-esque' fabric covered style of the booster.

I did notice was wifi6 with still no info on anything else. That's not a bad shout to be honest will give it a try turning alexa off and see if the lights keep flashing. Didn't think of doing that thanks for the links and reply will let you know if it works 😁👍

Nat1975

Mine was doing the same driving me insane for hours. Go to Alexa app you probably have a notification or something in the communication icon. I did read it than lights stopped flashing 

@nat1975 will have a look and see if I have fingers crossed losing patience now 🤣🤣🙂

ADKO
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After about a half hour waiting for a chat session with Vodafone’s Wi-Fi Experts and various diagnostic procedures the session bombed out and my booster’s lights were still flashing green. However, I found I could stop them by going into the Alexa app on my iPhone and selecting “do not disturb” in the devices section where the booster appears as “{my} Super WiFi Plus”. So, nothing to do with Wi-Fi, just an Alexa function. Vodafone staff very helpful but someone in Product Management fell short on training and documentation.

Adko. Thankyou your absolutely correct I did put do not disturb in the alexa app and they went off. Have now set schedule to stop them flashing all night 🌙  May get some sleep lol. Thankyou 👍

Cathall79
1: Seeker

It means you have a message from Amazon ask her to check for notifications.