Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 2

Sophie123abc
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Been so messed around with everything so far. Bought the superfast 2 broadband, got told an engineer would come and no-one turned up. Called up and got told to set it up myself and that an engineer was never supposed to come despite multiple emails telling me otherwise. Tried setting it up myself and got confused by the router box manual telling me that I would need an engineer to connect it via the fibre connection box (which I presume is the set up for fibre). Decided to call up again and he told me how to set it up via the phone socket. He kept ignoring my questions about if that's the right set up for fibre and when he couldnt make it work, booked us in for an engineer. This engineer also never turned up. I just don't know what to do anymore. Engineers won't turn up and no-one will answer my questions about whether it's the phone socket or fibre connection box that is the right way to connect the router. Don't want to set it up the phone socket way of that means I'm not getting the fibre that I've paid for!

12 REPLIES 12

Hi

Have you had a new "BOX" screwed to the wall, in addition to the BT / OR type?

Your account / contract will give you an idea about the speed / cost of your plan, tell us please.

EG:               Superfast 2         £24 per month.

Gigafast Broadband 100        £25/month

Gigafast Broadband 200        £30/month

Superfast 2 would be connection plan A

Gigafast would be a new box and plan B

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Superfast 2   Great for all-round streaming and gaming in busier homes

OR BT n5 socket.png

What box have you got?

Normally the connection would be done at the cabinet in the street.

20201130_234046.jpg

20201130_234053.jpg

Surely if you do it way A, you won't be able to get fibre? (Sorry a bit clueless about all this). Not sure what the router box is called